7/6/2006: Xbox: Dead Or Alive 3, Full Spectrum Warrior, Jaws Unleashed

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 6th, 2006, 9:18 pm

The VGC pulls no punches, but would you have it any other way?
Post your thoughts.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » July 6th, 2006, 9:37 pm

I love FPS and I love strategy games but even I couldn't get into Full Spectrum Warrior. Great concept but like you said...too much work and not enough fun. Good reviews in general.

Mr. O

Postby Mr. O » July 6th, 2006, 10:06 pm

I don't get it. If Jaws "May well be the worst videogame of all time", then why didn't it get an F[B]-[/B]?

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 6th, 2006, 11:19 pm

I never got D.O.A, granted I'm not the biggest fan of 3-D brawlers but if they are well done I can enjoy myself a lot.  But DOA just seemed, well bland.  The gameplay felt average to me and none of the characters ever stood out.  Also it was one of the few games that made me feel emberessed to be male.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » July 6th, 2006, 11:42 pm

Ditto on Mr. O's comment on Jaws Unleashed. By the way, if a strategic military FPS is what you're looking for, perhaps you should check out the Brothers In Arms games, particularly Earned in Blood. They're also very difficult games, but they have a more gentle learning curve and less complex controls than FSW.

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » July 6th, 2006, 11:49 pm

"The initial objective of the first stage is to "find an ID card to open the gate". Huh? Is this Jaws or freakin' Splinter Cell?!"

The idea of a shark using an ID card to open a gate is so funny! I'm laughing thinking about it.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » July 7th, 2006, 12:09 am

HA!  I knew the Jaws review was gonna be hilarious.  While it was a terrific read it also made me very sad at the same time.  I really wanted Jaws Unleashed to be worth my time, but alas it sucks quite a bit of ass.

I've always enjoyed DOA games.  They may not be the deepest games, but they are an absolute blast to play with a bunch of friends.  The tag team matches with four people is an insane amount of fun.  Critic this game should be featured at one of your gaming tournaments (are you doing a VGX 2 this year?) I bet it would go over well.  Also if you think that DOA 3 is great get DOA Ultimate.  It's much faster and overall a much better fighter than DOA3.  I bought mine new for $20 and it was worth every penny.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » July 7th, 2006, 5:04 am

I would recommend Road to Hill 30 over Earned in Blood.  The multiplayer in Earned in Blood is pretty broken compared to Road to Hill 30.

Shame to see the Full Spectrum Warrior review.  I only played a bit round my mate's who owns it and we had a blast on it.  But then we do play strategy games all the time (real ones too not just video games).

Shawn

Postby Shawn » July 7th, 2006, 5:34 am

Brothers in Arms is terrible. You can get through the whole game without using the "strategy" function. The aiming is terrible, graphics bland and the game is way too easy. I would give it a solid D, don't waste your time critic!

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » July 7th, 2006, 6:44 am

I don't even OWN X-box and yet I knew Jaws would be terrible. The NES Jaws (bought for me by my sister along with Karate Kid and Gotcha! in late 80's) was absolutely TERRIBLE. Everything was RANDOM and the game played like hell, even though the graphics were decent for the time. For historians, Parker Bros. was SUPPOSED to release a Jaws game for the Atari 2600 wayyy back in '82, in fact they sued Apollo for their LOCHJAW game (which I found a copy of, BTW), forcing a name change to Shark Attack- yet JAWS 2600 never came out; guess they knew back then it was a futile effort. Only the first movie was "Excellent"; I'd rate the second as a C+ (only because I'm a Roy Scheider fan), the rest are complete dredge, not worth wasting a saturday afternoon watching. Jaws sunk long ago.

Return to “Review Feedback”