New Typo Thread

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
m0zart1

New Typo Thread

Postby m0zart1 » March 5th, 2011, 8:49 pm

[QUOTE=a]I think that's one of those things that the proper way to use it is now just the silly way. It's just like data. You're supposed to say "The data show that...", but who on earth wouldn't say "The data shows that..."?[/QUOTE]

My datum concurs with your data.

Blake Alderman

New Typo Thread

Postby Blake Alderman » March 10th, 2011, 4:39 am

Mad Dog Mcree Gunslinger Pack and Super Smash Bros. Brawl say that they are rated E when in fact they are rated Teen.

a1

New Typo Thread

Postby a1 » March 11th, 2011, 1:14 am

[QUOTE=m0zart]

[QUOTE=a]I think that's one of those things that the proper way to use it is now just the silly way. It's just like data. You're supposed to say "The data show that...", but who on earth wouldn't say "The data shows that..."?[/QUOTE]

My datum concurs with your data.

[/QUOTE]

Lol. It would be so weird to actually hear someone say datum.

PacFan

New Typo Thread

Postby PacFan » March 11th, 2011, 9:48 am

I knew a guy from the south that said " I wouldn't mine datum your sister".

Snesfreak

New Typo Thread

Postby Snesfreak » March 13th, 2011, 5:25 pm

This is a minor mistake but in your review of Pop Jam for the playstation,
You quote that "Pop Jam quite unique". You forgot the "is".

Orion1

New Typo Thread

Postby Orion1 » March 13th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Dark Mage for the 2600: “Hitchhiker|'|s Guide[s] to the Galaxy”

Deadly Duck for the 2600: “Adding to the chall[a]|e|nge is a barricade of dragonflies that block[s] your shots and drop[s] bombs of their own.”

Demon Attack for the 2600: “The winged aliens are large and |, in later waves,| split into two smaller “birds” when hit.”

Dodge 'Em for the 2600: “The object is |to| collect ...”

Jon1

New Typo Thread

Postby Jon1 » March 13th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Mass Destruction (Saturn)= "in contract to Desert Storm"

It's funny I came across that. I saw your thread earlier today and realized that there were a few misspellings like that in several reviews, but I couldn't recall which ones, and I wasn't prepared to look over every review. A few minutes ago I was thinking about how bad Saturn was at 3d. And I looked at this game and saw a typo. Anyways, keep up the good work.

TedE.Bear

New Typo Thread

Postby TedE.Bear » March 15th, 2011, 6:32 am

[QUOTE=TedE.Bear]Since you asked......

In your review of Friday the 13th for the NES you refer to "six camp councilors".  It should be "counselors".
[/QUOTE]

You have changed it to "councelors".  I still think it should be "counselors".

If I am incorrect I do apologize.  For my penance I will play OINK for the Atari 2600 non-stop until my wrist breaks.

a1

New Typo Thread

Postby a1 » March 15th, 2011, 5:27 pm

[QUOTE=TedE.Bear]

[QUOTE=TedE.Bear]Since you asked......

In your review of Friday the 13th for the NES you refer to "six camp councilors".  It should be "counselors".
[/QUOTE]

You have changed it to "councelors".  I still think it should be "counselors".

If I am incorrect I do apologize.  For my penance I will play OINK for the Atari 2600 non-stop until my wrist breaks.
[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Councelors is not a word (unless it's the British spelling or something, but I don't think the critic's British).

a1

New Typo Thread

Postby a1 » March 15th, 2011, 11:32 pm

You say in your review of Sonic Jam that you can play as Knuckles in Sonic 1. Is this correct? I just got it for my Saturn and I can't figure out how to do that. Sonic Jam does let you spin dash in Sonic 1.

Also, a lot of your Saturn reviews are imports, but it doesn't say it next to the title in parentheses like you normally do. It would be really helpful if you could add that in Battle Garegga, Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus, and Soukyugurentai Otokuyo (although that one's kind of obvious). Those are the ones you say are imports in the reviews; I don't know if any others are. Thanks.

Return to “Review Feedback”