Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Snesfreak

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby Snesfreak » March 22nd, 2011, 3:48 pm

Anythng on your wish list for the new Mario Kart coming out on 3DS?
Personally, I hope Nintendo once again reach the heights of the glory days of the original SNES version.
I want to see less characters and more retro tracks from each of the past games.
We can replace rubbish characters from mario kart wii with other nintendo icons like kirby or even third party characters like sonic.
A new track creator would be amazing, you could share your tracks with friends online and race on them!
Remove the new items from mario kart wii and replace them with the racoon leaf from the SNES that gives you a huge jump for short cuts.
What do you guys want to see?

a1

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby a1 » March 22nd, 2011, 5:17 pm

[QUOTE=Snesfreak]Anythng on your wish list for the new Mario Kart coming out on 3DS?
Personally, I hope Nintendo once again reach the heights of the glory days of the original SNES version.
I want to see less characters and more retro tracks from each of the past games.
We can replace rubbish characters from mario kart wii with other nintendo icons like kirby or even third party characters like sonic.
A new track creator would be amazing, you could share your tracks with friends online and race on them!
Remove the new items from mario kart wii and replace them with the racoon leaf from the SNES that gives you a huge jump for short cuts.
What do you guys want to see?

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of your ideas, except I never liked the SNES Mario Kart; I was a fan of Mario Kart 64.

I've been saying for a while that I wish Nintendo would make a Super Smash Kart, using characters like Link and Kirby rather than nobodies like Daisy and Waluigi. A track editor would also be huge. Do I expect any of this from Nintendo? No, because they know that they can release another Mario Kart that's just like all the old ones and everyone will still buy it.

Snesfreak

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby Snesfreak » March 23rd, 2011, 12:33 pm

I know everyone will want to mention this one but I'll say it now.
Blue shells must go.
Do they help the user (usually in 5th or 8th place)? No
Do they make Mario kart more about luck than skill? Yes
It is unlikely that Nintendo will ever remove them but I want them banned with a capital B from online play.
I also expect to see CPUs not getting them so often ( In 150cc races I can get hit by up to 8 blue shells!).
I know that mario kart is now sadly aimed more at 4 year olds but blue shells will never help them when they use it.
Unavoidable weapons seem to ruin games for me.

nesfan1

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby nesfan1 » March 23rd, 2011, 3:22 pm

I like blue shells. Let's say that you are playing against a friend and you both have been holding 1st and 2nd place for each race so far. You're on the last race, you screw up, and your friend is in 1st while you are stuck somewhere around 5th-8th. If your friend wins this last race, that's it for you. You won't be able to take first place over all. Then you get a blue shell and throw it at him. While he is made helpless because of the blue shell, 4 or 5 people pass him and now he can't possibly take first. Or let's say you're doing a team race and you and your friend are on the same team. Someone on the other team is very close to taking first place away from your team. So you fire off a blue shell (which only affects the other team in this situation) and that guy from the other team gets put far back from first place and your team is now safe to take first place. So, yes. They do help the user. Do they make Mario Kart more about luck than skill? Not really. If you know how to use it strategically, it can be a real game changer. Also, the blue shell is not unavoidable. I've dodged it many times. 

Logan Ruckman

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby Logan Ruckman » March 23rd, 2011, 3:35 pm

My hopes are simple: I just want it to be fun, have great multiplayer, and great, innovative track design. Oh wait, I don't need to worry about that, cuz it's freaking Mario Kart!

a1

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby a1 » March 23rd, 2011, 3:36 pm

[QUOTE=Snesfreak]I know everyone will want to mention this one but I'll say it now.
Blue shells must go.

[/QUOTE]

They don't even have to go, if Nintendo just gave us an item switch. Smash has one. What makes Mario Kart items so holy that we can't decide for ourselves which items we like? If Mario Kart Wii had an item switch I would have liked it a whole lot more.

Blueguy93

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby Blueguy93 » March 23rd, 2011, 4:43 pm

Heres my list of hopes for Mario Kart 3DS

1. Take that Blue Shell off the list
2. Allow people to catch huge air
3. More tracks
4. New weapons and innovations
5. A Stunt Mode

steer

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby steer » March 23rd, 2011, 4:59 pm

If you want a track editor - why not buy Trackmania Wii? - I will bet the price of the game it will not have a track editor - anyone want to be the first to take me up for that?

My hope for this game is that Nintendo does not rush it to meet launch. My hope is that it has multiplayer, both online and off. 

I know when I spend $40 on a 3DS game - why - I am going to get the best games possible!

ZetaX1

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby ZetaX1 » March 23rd, 2011, 9:51 pm

[QUOTE=steer]
My hope for this game is that Nintendo does not rush it to meet launch.
[/QUOTE]

Seems like a safe bet, seeing as how the launch is Sunday and NOBODY has even suggested it's coming out any time soon.

[QUOTE=steer]
Or a lazy rehash.
[/QUOTE]

Like Mario Kart DS...or Mario Kart Wii?  Yes, those are rehashes... Lazy?  I dunno, they were still fairly fun (not so much MK Wii, it just didn't do much for me...)

[QUOTE=steer]
I know when I spend $40 on a 3DS game - why - I am going to get the best games possible!
[/QUOTE]

Just because it costs more and plays on a Nintendo piece of hardware doesn't guarantee it's worth two cents...  That goes for any hardware/software company.  They've all made/hosted turds.

Leo1

Hopes for mario kart 3D?

Postby Leo1 » March 23rd, 2011, 10:55 pm

I want automation on jumps removed. Really takes away from it compared to the past in games like Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64 where the player was in control.

Also I removed the stuff about iPhone games since it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Return to “Modern Gaming”