Call of Duty 3 - Wii

The readers post their own reviews.
Shogun1

Call of Duty 3 - Wii

Postby Shogun1 » August 8th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Call of Duty 3 - Wii - D+

Motion controls can make or break a Wii video game. Sometimes motion controls can be well implemented and other times, be made into an annoying, frustrating chore. Unfortunately, the latter is true when it comes to Call of Duty 3. The only thing the developers got right on the motion control front is the aiming, which shows why the Wii Remote is a fun alternative to the dual thumbsticks or mouse and keyboard. What the developers got wrong is shoehorning motion based gestures to drive a jeep or tank, rowing a boat, or firing mortars or certain guns. These are unnessecary and are made too complicated to be fun and the complicated movement prompts are too much for the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Most of the time I just got by with swinging the Wii Remote and Nunchuk like a mad man hoping for the best. Call of Duty 3 does do some things right. The missions are ideal in length, most are less than an hour. There are constant checkpoints and the game clearly indicates when saving. Another problem though is Call of Duty 3 is a been there done that experience. Following in the footsteps of the acclaimed Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3 cannot stand up to its predecessor. If anybody is looking for a first person shooter experience on the Wii, I would recommend Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition. The motion control gestures in Call of Duty 3 are just too much of a negative to overlook and the game does not offer a new, fresh experience.

0-Storm

Call of Duty 3 - Wii

Postby 0-Storm » August 10th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Nice review. Haven't played the game, but your review sounds accurate. I don't think I could stomach any fps on the Wii, since I also have a 360. I tried Goldeneye on the Wii, but playing a fps w/ PS2-like graphics is really hard for me to do.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Call of Duty 3 - Wii

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 3rd, 2011, 11:37 am

I like this one because it says a lot in a small space.  Promoted to the review pages.

Return to “Reader Reviews”