Insect0r - X (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Burk1

Insect0r - X (Genesis)

Postby Burk1 » August 22nd, 2011, 11:35 pm

For such a silly game, it is freakin' hard. You are an insect killing insects,but you wear a suit. It says the A button is for switching weapons. I finished the first stage, and got weapon upgrades, but no new weapons. When will I see a new weapon?

gilly

Insect0r - X (Genesis)

Postby gilly » August 23rd, 2011, 11:55 am

Wow I haven't played this one in so many years! But I don't remember it being hard. Particularly for it's genre.

Burk1

Insect0r - X (Genesis)

Postby Burk1 » August 23rd, 2011, 2:05 pm

I have been playing it on my Retro-gen, and the controls seem slow and sluggish. I advanced much quicker in games like Biohazard battle and Gaiares. When do i get a special weapon?

gilly

Insect0r - X (Genesis)

Postby gilly » August 23rd, 2011, 8:35 pm

What do you mean by special weapon? I remember you can pick up a new weapon midway through the first stage, but it's just another weapon. you can switch which weapon to use, and keep upgrading them. Have you not picked up any other weapon?
I might have to check the game out again to refresh my memory.

Burk1

Insect0r - X (Genesis)

Postby Burk1 » August 23rd, 2011, 9:28 pm

I guess I did mean different weapon. I got it after killing the 2 large laser flies in the lower part of level one(after you go through a door). I did not kill them before.Still, I consider it to be one of the harder shooters on the genny.I think Phelios is pretty tough too.

gilly

Insect0r - X (Genesis)

Postby gilly » August 23rd, 2011, 9:49 pm

After a while of memorization I bet you will not find it so tough. The enemies are plentiful but somewhat slow, and the bosses don't have complex patterns. The key, like is to maintain a powered up weapon for facing a boss. It's brutal when you're hit by the boss, and have to tackle the giant bug again with a puny gun.
Btw, I remember thinking the default weapon fully powered was the best one. Fully powered I remember it having a very wide shot with rockets mixed in. You can breeze thru the game, until of course you make a tiny mistake, get hit, and have a wimpy gun again

Hey critic, you might like this game. Don't you like old school shooters for the Genesis a lot? You didn't review this one.

Return to “Now Playing”