L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » August 30th, 2011, 3:20 pm

L.A. Noire is a glorious return to the classic adventure games of yesteryear.  Think of it as a sort of point-and-click adventure with a controller.  There's lots of action to be found too, and it's nice to see that the cars handle nicely here, a great improvement over the horrible driving in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Is anyone else playing this?

gilly

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby gilly » August 30th, 2011, 10:06 pm

I'm tired of people saying the driving in GTA4 is bad. I think it was excellent! Cars handled like real cars. If the cars handle simpler in LA Noir, say like Saints Row, then I just lost some interest. I was considering buying LA Noir sometime soon.

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » August 31st, 2011, 4:00 pm

When you're playing a game that requires you to drive long distances to do anything, you don't want cars that are a pain in the ass to drive.  It was impossible to steer anywhere without crashing and the car chase segments were frustrating as hell.  I finally gave up on GTA4 when I missed one of the "dates" because I couldn't drive to the destination on time.

gilly

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby gilly » August 31st, 2011, 9:12 pm

Let's agree to disagree. I love how cars handle in gta 4.

Michael Prymula

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby Michael Prymula » September 2nd, 2011, 3:03 pm

There's a simple solution to the driving problem in GTAIV, just take a cab to all your destinations!  It's pretty cheap and it saves you ALOT of frustration.

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 2nd, 2011, 3:12 pm

[QUOTE=Michael Prymula]

There's a simple solution to the driving problem in GTAIV, just take a cab to all your destinations!  It's pretty cheap and it saves you ALOT of frustration.

[/QUOTE]

Once you miss your "date" with one of the girls you meet on the Internet in the game, the game never gives you the chance to "date" them again.

Michael Prymula

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby Michael Prymula » September 3rd, 2011, 7:45 pm

I know, I wasn't just refering to dating, I was just saying that in general it's much easier if you take a cab to all your destinations, dating's not really an important part of the game anyways for the most part anyways.

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 3rd, 2011, 9:41 pm

[QUOTE=Michael Prymula]

I know, I wasn't just refering to dating, I was just saying that in general it's much easier if you take a cab to all your destinations, dating's not really an important part of the game anyways for the most part anyways.

[/QUOTE]

I know, but I'm ridiculously OCD and I feel like I have to do everything in the game -- including dating all of the women.

gilly

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby gilly » September 4th, 2011, 10:49 am

I never missed a date. You can check your cell phone for reminders on that date that's a couple of days away, and the girl's location is highlighted I think 4 in game hours before the date. Driving to them in time is no hard task at all. But oh well, to each is own. I don't see why you would miss the date.
And yes in general I like taking cabs everywhere as you will never run out of money. But for a date I like to show up in a bad ass vehicle. Oh but remember to take a cab back if you take your girlfriend to a club. You will both be drunk, and the date will be ruined by your inability to drive straight and cops chasing you.

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 4th, 2011, 6:38 pm

If she's on the other side of town, it isn't hard to miss it.  The cell phone was needlessly confusing and never reminded you of when the date was.

Return to “Now Playing”