Bastion (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
MoonMetropolis

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 9th, 2011, 2:46 am

When I first heard that buying Bastion from the Microsoft store allowed me to get The Maw for free, I naturally took the offer.  I had heard plenty of good things about Bastion (and some decent things about The Maw), so I knew that it was going to be a quality game.  From the very start, you can tell that Bastion is completely unlike anything you've ever played before.  A narrator provides insight into your every move, making it feel like you are in an interactive story that is unfolding before your very eyes.  The surreal and mysterious story, artwork, graphics, music, characters, and images you'll encounter all have a highly haunting, dreamlike quality to them, making the game stick with you long after you've played it.  In a world of endless Call of Duty garbage and ridiculous DLC, it's truly nice to see something as fresh, innovative, and original as this for a change.

Has anyone else experienced the fine artistic accomplishment known as Bastion yet?

Steve1

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby Steve1 » September 9th, 2011, 11:16 pm

This was the only Summer of Arcade title I bought and it was well worth the purchase. Really not to much since you summed it up perfectly. Just wanted to add that someone else has played it and enjoyed it very much (played it 2x)

MoonMetropolis

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 10th, 2011, 3:16 am

I presume you played it the second time on New Game+?

That's a nice little addition and definitely increases the replay value a lot.

(Also, did you buy it with The Maw?)

Steve1

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby Steve1 » September 10th, 2011, 9:05 am

Yes, I did play the second time on New Game+.  I forget the name of the thread but I actually posted that New Game+ was a feature I like in modern gaming.

As for the Maw, I already had it and maybe Xbox Live detected that because I never even saw that offer (at least that I recall)

JWK1

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby JWK1 » September 10th, 2011, 6:41 pm

You guys have no idea how jealous I am.  I followed this game for months up to the official announcement at E3 this year.  Originally, it was going to be on PSN, but they reneged at the last minute.  I was crushed.  I still think it will come to the playstation, but it will be a while.  It looks awesome and it's gotten great reviews, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

MoonMetropolis

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 10th, 2011, 6:44 pm

The offer was only valid from Microsoft.com.  Microsoft used highly deceptive marketing; they said The Maw came free with "any Summer of Arcade game", with an asterisk saying that the offer actually only applied to Bastion.

ActRaiser1

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby ActRaiser1 » September 12th, 2011, 12:13 pm

How did you find it on microsoft.com's website?  I've been trying to look for this deal as it sounds awesome. 

I played the demo and liked it but bought From Dust instead.  If the Maw deal is still on I'll pick up Bastion for a rainy day along with the Maw.  Sweet deal.

Thanks!

MoonMetropolis

Bastion (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 19th, 2011, 4:00 am

Yep, the deal is still on.  Get it while it lasts.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.SummerOfArcade-Bastion?siteID=UtmbPU0zFKk-jWwy3YL7kyqN__drrcRx4A&?id=ZXD82RCLrLM

Return to “Now Playing”