Wow! This game look awesome (3DS)

General and high profile video game topics.
My Names Not Lisa?

Postby My Names Not Lisa? » October 15th, 2011, 8:30 am

[QUOTE=Oltobaz]All consoles have exclusives beyond FPS, even the two
HD consoles. Let's not go there again, Steer. [/QUOTE]

No one said they did not.

However, they do not have Cave Story or Shinobi, which is what this topic was originally about.

I have just said the 'HD Consoles' as you call them, have a glut of FPS, and it is ruining the game market. Nice to see systems where TeenFPS's are not the main focus. Nice to have a radio station that plays more than TeenPop. Nice to have a movie theater that plays more than Transformers, Revenge of the Toy Line. Nice to have a book store that has more than 'Vampire Diaries Meets The Werewolf Boy' on the shelves.

That is ALL I said. And look how many defense posts there are here. Why? Talk about not welcoming someone to a board.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » October 15th, 2011, 10:28 am

Steer, you've been around for a while, you
hardly need a welcome, I'd consider a "welcome
back", but you're giving us the same old rants you
gave us before, so...
You can overanalyse as much as you want, there's more
than the FPS genre to any of these systems. I own about
75 PS3 games approximately, (PSN games included), out
of which you'll find only two FPS, as I'm not a huge fan of the
genre. There are tons of exclusive just as good as what we can
find on the Wii, DS, and 3DS. You just admitted yourself they had
their own exclusives, beyond FPS.
If you can see that, then there's no reason not to look
at these HD consoles the same way you're looking at, say,
the 3DS. I don't know why you're focusing on games you don't
like when contemplating these HD systems. I'm wondering what one
would think of the Wii/DS and even PS2 to some extent if they
focused on shovelware only.
Lastly, thank you for your "system equalitist" term earlier. That is SO
you! Steer, the "system elitist"...

Josh

Postby Josh » October 15th, 2011, 10:39 am

Well, one thing you can say about steer's return is that it creates a lot of posting. I haven't seen the boards come alive like this in a while.

I wonder how long it is before his current ISP is banned again?

I agree with Sudz. I think the 3DS is going to flop. It's not going to flop like the Virtual Boy but I just don't see any future for it outside of Nintendo fans. I was at BestBuy the other day and decided to try out the 3DS once again and see what games they had. It feels alright in my hands and I don't even mind the nub pad - but the 3D affect is a total waste. You have to work to keep it focused and the affect is mediocre and at worst, annoying.

The games will sell some units but I'm sure that Nintendo will regret going the direction they did with it.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » October 15th, 2011, 4:08 pm

This guy's clearly Steer. He changed his name, and he has the same bias as Steer. Having said that, it's good to see some positivity about an upcoming game, so I don't mind.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » October 15th, 2011, 6:54 pm

*sigh*

Well, now I'm sorry that I talked about the PS3 at all.  Not because I think it was inappropriate to discuss it in this post, but because these types of "discussions" (if you can call it that) are so tedious, it's barely worth it.

To keep it simple-- James, if you're interested in the 3DS, Shinobi, and Cave Story 3D, buy the system.  You'll be happy with it.  If you don't want a 360 or PS3 don't buy one.  But don't criticize games you don't play.  You can't get a sense of gameplay from videos or reviews a lot of the time, and you certainly can't get it from screenshots.  I'm planning on renting Rage soon from redbox and if I like it, I'll buy it when the price drops.  If you're seriously interested in how the game plays, I'll share my thoughts then.  If you aren't interested, then don't pretend to be.  Look, you have a pretty good history of this type of thing.  You can't honestly be surprised that people reciprocate your combativeness if that's how you approach each conversation.  Just let it ride, man.  Me enjoying a FPS has nothing to do with your happiness.  I agree with you on many of your points on the 3DS and Wii, being a Nintendo fan myself.  But this type of thing is impossible to defend.  If you want people to play nice with you, you've got to take the same approach.

@Sudz and Josh-- you're more than welcome to your opinion, but I think we're past the point of the system being a bomb.  To beat a dead horse: every system has growing pains.  It will come into its own.  There are two games on the horizon that will sell many systems by themselves-- Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.  They will each sell very well.  They're safe bets.  After the 3DS owner base is larger, more games will come.  There are tons of current games and upcoming games that I'm very interested in: Bit Trip Saga, Rayman, Sonic Generations, Mario Kart, Mario 3D, Star Fox, Shinobi, Tales of the Abyss, Kid Icarus, Cave Story.  And many RPGs (Monster Hunter, Konami and Square Enix efforts, etc) are in the works.  Nintendo are definitely having a rough time right now with Wii sales down and the 3DS selling less than expected.  But I wouldn't count the system out.  Especially with so many high profile projects that haven't been given a chance to prove themselves.

@PacFan-- Just wanted to say thank you for your service.

James M

Postby James M » October 15th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Forgive me all, but logic begs me to ask Josh a question.

Lets say you eat at KFC tonight and you get a bad gut ache and major diarrhea. You vow to never eat at KFC again, as long as you live. Will KFC then wither and die, and fail?

Moral : It is silly and useless to base the long term mainstream success of a product on the random sample size of ONE person, based on ONE aspect of a product.

Why will 3DS succeed? Major, quality software support at a reasonable price.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » October 15th, 2011, 11:09 pm

[QUOTE=James M]Why will 3DS succeed? Major, quality software support at a reasonable price. [/QUOTE]

His opinion on why he thinks it will fail is just as logical, valid, and correct as your opinion on why you think it will be a success.

That's how these things called opinions work. Correct until able to be proven incorrect.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » October 16th, 2011, 1:00 am

I think this thread should be locked, seeing as it's already ran its course.

James M

Postby James M » October 16th, 2011, 6:37 am

[QUOTE=Leo]

[QUOTE=James M]Why will 3DS succeed? Major, quality software support at a reasonable price. [/QUOTE]

His opinion on why he thinks it will fail is just as logical, valid, and correct as your opinion on why you think it will be a success.

That's how these things called opinions work. Correct until able to be proven incorrect.
[/QUOTE]

It has already been proven incorrect. As has Sudz 'buy it for one game opinion because it a major flop'.  It is not a valid opinion to ignore reality. In fact, that is trolling.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » October 16th, 2011, 7:35 am

Look who's talking! As for the 3DS itself, it is a pretty
cool handheld I've been enjoying so far. I've noticed
Wifi issues though, but that's besides the point. I'm not
sure how succesful it will end up being, I wouldn't say
it's gonna bomb, though, but it's a slow start. Then again,
people, sometimes on these very forums, were burying Sony
and its PS3 back in 2008/2009... Let's see what happens.

Return to “Video Games General”