Batman: Arkham City

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 10th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Anybody else playing Batman: Arkham City?

This game is no joke.  The first game was a polished product, but it was a little repetitive.

This sequel addresses that by expanding the scope.  You can explore the whole city of Gotham, and it's pretty spectacular!  Also, the storyline incorporates a ton of traditional Batman villains.

I really like this one.  Definitely better than the original - and that's saying something.

billydeethrilliams1

Postby billydeethrilliams1 » November 10th, 2011, 10:04 pm

First off, I've been visiting your site for a couple of years now and I think it may be be the best v.g. related site on the net. Anyway, as a Batman fan, I feel this game is near perfect, and is one of the few games to live up to the hype. The open world aspect doesn't detract from the indoor environments, which was a worry I had. Everything is improved, and the repetitiveness you mentioned is gone. Except for the last gliding challenges I'm stuck on, I had a blast. And I didn't even attempt New Game+ yet! Also, make sure you sit through the credits for a special treat...

On a side note: What are your thoughts on Rayman Origins? I assume that, being a huge fan of 2d, it's on your radar?

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » November 11th, 2011, 12:43 pm

finished this game a couple days ago, and to say its awesome, is putting it lightly, this game is extremely well done, great story, gameplay, great flow of things throughout the game!

Stephen

Postby Stephen » November 11th, 2011, 9:33 pm

This game is a well polished 3D type beat em' up. But as much as I liked the game, after beating it once there really is no point in playing it again, I couldn't get into it again after  beating it. I purchased it for my high end PC, but it runs slow, I'm wondering if I should just buy a new version for PS3. I heard it will be a launch title for the new Wii U console, but I shouldn't get my hopes up. The Wii as much as I have defended it from being dead, is losing steam. It runs at a resolution of the original Xbox out of rumor, so the graphic's can't be handled by the Wii, making Arkham City a game that just can't be ported over. Regardless, Nintendo should release a grand finale for the Wii, one last great game on the console. A last nintendo great. But for now, we can only hope.

Luke

Postby Luke » November 12th, 2011, 4:59 am

Seems like this game has received mixed reviews, unlike Arkham Asylum. But OXM gave this one a 10... so I'm assuming it must be good. They don't give out 10's very often!

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » November 12th, 2011, 7:56 am

there is plenty of reason to keep playing this after you beat the game, one of the nice features is that what ever side missions you may not have finished during your regular playthrough can be finished after the game is over, and others such has searching for riddler trophies and things like that.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » November 12th, 2011, 10:47 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]Seems like this game has received mixed reviews, unlike Arkham Asylum. But OXM gave this one a 10... so I'm assuming it must be good. They don't give out 10's very often! [/QUOTE]

Actually it's got a 95% rating from Metacritic (or something like that) so I have NO idea what you're talking about.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » November 13th, 2011, 12:48 pm

@Stephen-- I'm not sure what your point about the Wii "running at a resolution similar to the original XBox" has to do with the inability to "port" the game over to the Wii U.  You do realize they're two different systems, right?  And if you made a typo and meant to say that the Wii U has graphics similar to the original XBox, you are most assuredly wrong.  The Wii U will be a high def console.  No word as to whether it will run at native 1080p, but it will at least match 720p that most games on the 360 and PS3 run.  That's the worst case scenario from the reports I've read.  Best case: it's about 50% more powerful than the PS3.  Yes, Nintendo will find itself under-powered after the next MS and Sony systems come out, but you're way off base if you think Batman Arkham City can't run on a next generation console.

Luke

Postby Luke » November 13th, 2011, 2:29 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy][QUOTE=Luke]Seems like this game has received mixed reviews, unlike Arkham Asylum. But OXM gave this one a 10... so I'm assuming it must be good. They don't give out 10's very often! [/QUOTE] Actually it's got a 95% rating from Metacritic (or something like that) so I have NO idea what you're talking about. [/QUOTE]I'm going by what I myself have read (and heard), not from Metacritic.

Return to “Now Playing”