GRAW (Xbox 360)

The readers post their own reviews.
Linkdude

GRAW (Xbox 360)

Postby Linkdude » July 11th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Here's another review, and for the first time in the Reader Reviews section-- a Xbox 360 review! GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter) is a third-person tactical shooter set in Mexico City. It just looks amazing, even on my TV that isn't a high-definition TV. Even the Cross-Com is unbelievable, as it can even show diamonds to know who is on your team and who is shooting you. It helps for finding enemies easier, but Marksmen are hard to find, because they're always on buildings. The enemies' AI is pretty cheap, since you can lose health by staying out in the open. Using cheat codes on this game would help, if you like cheat codes, that is. Otherwise, stare at the "Game Over" screen again and again. The multiplayer is really superb, as you can create your own character and take him online against others, or just play AI bots in an exciting Co-op Elimination. (You can either play with other buddies or just yourself against all the enemies!) There's other exciting modes to play in multiplayer as well, so try THEM out too! So overall, GRAW is an exciting game that shouldn't be missed. There are some glitches when I saw someone fall through the road and when Scott Mitchell almost looked like he was ice skating on the streets. GRAW is a great game for any Xbox 360 owner. There's enough here to keep you busy. Grade: A

Superjay

GRAW (Xbox 360)

Postby Superjay » July 26th, 2006, 7:32 pm

Superjay gives a . Awsome game grafically and gameplaywise.

Atarifever1

GRAW (Xbox 360)

Postby Atarifever1 » July 26th, 2006, 10:14 pm

[QUOTE=Linkdude] It just looks amazing, even on my TV that isn't a high-definition TV.
[/QUOTE]

That is a line I'd like to see in more 360 reviews.  I'd love it if the big review sites gave some indication of how each game was when played on both types of screen.
Nice review.

bluemonkey1

GRAW (Xbox 360)

Postby bluemonkey1 » July 27th, 2006, 3:39 am

I own RR6, GRAW and PD0 and they all look stunning on SDTVs.  The idea that 360 games only look good on HDTV is a complete myth as far as I am concerned.

Good review but you say the AI is cheap because you die a lot when not in cover.  The whole point is that you should never be out in the open.  You should be moving from cover point to cover point and never take shots if not pressed up against something.

It is a bit cheap on hard though but like they say in game that mode is unrealisticly hard.

Shawn

GRAW (Xbox 360)

Postby Shawn » July 27th, 2006, 8:29 am

I love GRAW b/c you have to use your head a bit to survive, just like real combat I suppose. I would also like to second (or third) the notion that the 360 looks amazing on a regular TV. I can see noticeable differences between the regular X-Box and the 360, especially with the character models.

Return to “Reader Reviews”