2011/12/3: Playstation 3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 3rd, 2011, 2:22 pm

I have posted my review for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Man, when Sony puts their mind to a game, they can put out a pretty amazing product!

I heard a movie was going to be made based on this series.  I'd like to see it!

Luke

Postby Luke » December 3rd, 2011, 2:54 pm

I think you mean Naughty Dog, not Sony?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 3rd, 2011, 3:03 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]I think you mean Naughty Dog, not Sony?[/QUOTE]

Sony was the publisher.  Naughty Dog was the developer.  The developer does the work but clearly Sony invested a lot of resources in this.  It looks like a Hollywood blockbuster.

Luke

Postby Luke » December 3rd, 2011, 3:19 pm

So the publishers deserve more praise than the developers? That's messed up, man.

That's why the guys from Activision broke away from Atari in the 70's, and conversely why almost half of the lead developers from Infinity Ward left Activision - due to thinking like that.

PSX1

Postby PSX1 » December 3rd, 2011, 3:48 pm

Great review- I don't know why other reviewers can't sum up a whole game this briefly.

Two questions for anyone:

Which is your favorite in the series?
AND
Will I be okay jumping into the series at Uncharted 2?

My g/f picked up a PS3 on black friday, so I'll be getting that for x-mas.  I also bought Uncharted 2 at Walmart b/c it was only $15-- I know it's one of the Top 5 all-time highest reviewed games on Metacritic, so I've always intended to play it.  But I'm wondering if I'll be missing anything by skipping over the first Uncharted.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 3rd, 2011, 4:22 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]So the publishers deserve more praise than the developers? That's messed up, man.

That's why the guys from Activision broke away from Atari in the 70's, and conversely why almost half of the lead developers from Infinity Ward left Activision - due to thinking like that.[/QUOTE]

Nobody said the publishers deserve more praise that developers.  You're reading too much into this.  Actually Sony-published games tend to rate very high regardless of who the developer is.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 3rd, 2011, 4:24 pm

[QUOTE=PSX]Great review- I don't know why other reviewers can't sum up a whole game this briefly.

Two questions for anyone:

Which is your favorite in the series?
AND
Will I be okay jumping into the series at Uncharted 2?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comments!  I agree that a lot of reviews lack the ability to sum up a game in a short chunk of text, and I think that's what their readers want.  As for your questions, I prefer the second chapter best.  It's fine to jump in with Uncharted 2.  Actually I don't even remember the storylines to the first two.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » December 3rd, 2011, 6:04 pm

@PSX,  Yeah I agree that you'd be okay to jump into the series at #2, but I think you may be cheating yourself a bit.  I LOVED the first game, and I'm very glad that I started with that one.  You'll see some repeat characters in the second and won't know the story behind them.  Beyond that, there's certainly no necessity but the first is less cinematic than the second or third, but the gameplay is just as good, if not better.  I friggin' love the entire series and I can't think of a better way to experience it than in order of release.  That's just my $0.02; take it for what it is.  The opinion of an Uncharted super-fanboy.

@Critic,  great review.  Happy that someone else couldn't put the game down.  Third's my favorite and I was happy to see the "A."  Have you given the Assassin's Creed series a shot like you mentioned a month or so ago?  I'm an hour or so away from finishing ACII and it's easily one of the best games this generation.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » December 3rd, 2011, 11:43 pm

Play the first game. No questions- just do it. Trust me. 

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » December 4th, 2011, 10:26 am

Cool to see a current generation game review, I like comparing them with other critics. I thought it was a really good review and very accurate of the game. Thanks!

Return to “Review Feedback”