Finally got a Switch!

General and high profile video game topics.
LoganRuckman
Posts: 223
Joined: April 10th, 2015, 1:04 am

Finally got a Switch!

Postby LoganRuckman » December 18th, 2017, 2:27 am

So after months of waiting and not being able to get one, I got a Nintendo Switch a few days ago. This is the newest system I've ever bought in terms of launch to purchase. I only have Super Mario Odyssey so far, and I haven't had much time to play it, but I love it so far. It reminds me a lot of Super Mario 64 in the best ways. I'll have the next two days off, so I plan to play it much more. I might even start playing online, something I've never done with any of my consoles. Games I plan to buy in the near future:

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms
Splatoon 2
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Pokken Tournament DX
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and King Of Cards
I Am Setsuna
Yooka-Laylee
Shakedown Hawaii
Mr. Shifty
Battle Chef Brigade
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Binding Of Isaac Afterbirth Plus
Pocket Fighters Rumble
Golf Story
Snipperclips
Soon
WWE 2K18
Some Neo Geo games

Not to mention all the cool looking games in the more distant future, like Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4, Mega Man Legacy Collection, X Collection, and 11, Kirby, and Yoshi.

LoganRuckman
Posts: 223
Joined: April 10th, 2015, 1:04 am

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby LoganRuckman » April 1st, 2018, 2:25 am

My collection so far:

Super Mario Odyssey (fantastic game, easily the best Mario platformer since Sunshine)
The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Kirby Star Allies
Rayman Origins
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Pulstar (Neo Geo port)

I'm playing through BOTW right now.

Paul Campbell
Posts: 111
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby Paul Campbell » April 1st, 2018, 5:34 am

I love the Switch, and I have alot of games for it, but my favorite one, by a wide margin, is Axiom Verge.

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 11521
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 1st, 2018, 1:30 pm

Axiom Verge is one of the best games I've ever played. Once I'm finished it I'll post my review.

One thing - I could really use a Pro Controller. This game requires a d-pad.

newmodelarmy
Posts: 93
Joined: January 16th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby newmodelarmy » April 1st, 2018, 8:12 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Axiom Verge is one of the best games I've ever played. Once I'm finished it I'll post my review.

One thing - I could really use a Pro Controller. This game requires a d-pad.


Looking forward to your review of Axiom Verge. I heard it is a confusing mess to navigate and figure out what to do next?

User avatar
Matchstick
Posts: 23
Joined: October 26th, 2017, 6:45 am

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby Matchstick » April 1st, 2018, 9:29 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Shovel Knight Treasure Trove


How is that one? I've never played a Shovel Knight game in my life (shame on me, I know, I know...) but I've wanted to take the plunge for a while now. Is it the first game with a bunch of bonus content, or something completely different?

LoganRuckman
Posts: 223
Joined: April 10th, 2015, 1:04 am

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby LoganRuckman » April 1st, 2018, 10:25 pm

Matchstick wrote:
LoganRuckman wrote:Shovel Knight Treasure Trove


How is that one? I've never played a Shovel Knight game in my life (shame on me, I know, I know...) but I've wanted to take the plunge for a while now. Is it the first game with a bunch of bonus content, or something completely different?


Shovel Knight is one of the best games I've ever played. The Treasure Trove includes the DLC campaigns.

User avatar
Stalvern
Posts: 603
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby Stalvern » April 1st, 2018, 10:53 pm

Matchstick wrote:How is that one? I've never played a Shovel Knight game in my life (shame on me, I know, I know...) but I've wanted to take the plunge for a while now. Is it the first game with a bunch of bonus content, or something completely different?

There are no sequels, but there are two expansions so far, which are included in that release. A third is due within the next couple of months.

User avatar
Matchstick
Posts: 23
Joined: October 26th, 2017, 6:45 am

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby Matchstick » April 2nd, 2018, 2:00 am

Stalvern wrote:
Matchstick wrote:How is that one? I've never played a Shovel Knight game in my life (shame on me, I know, I know...) but I've wanted to take the plunge for a while now. Is it the first game with a bunch of bonus content, or something completely different?

There are no sequels, but there are two expansions so far, which are included in that release. A third is due within the next couple of months.


Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Herschie
Posts: 438
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Re: Finally got a Switch!

Postby Herschie » April 11th, 2018, 11:34 am

Glad to see 1-2 Switch missing from that list. The fact that they charged 60 bucks for that was criminal!


Return to “Video Games General”