NES Classic Impressions

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: NES Classic Impressions

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 8th, 2018, 1:57 pm

After getting my refund, I left negative feedback AND reported it as counterfeit.

It's actually very hard to find the "Report" link for each listing, but it's there (near the bottom).

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 13th, 2018, 11:24 pm

The bottom of Nintendo of America's product page for this product now says that the NES Classic Edition returns June 29th. 2018.

https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic/

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 13th, 2018, 11:57 pm

This is great news - thanks! Same as the first version I assume?

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 14th, 2018, 11:06 am

They haven't modified any details on the page. Pictured is the same console box (So no 2nd controller out of the box like the SNES Classic had), same game lineup, same MSRP, etc. So it doesn't look like any significant changes have happened compared to the original release.

I do wonder if one improvement has happened under the hood. The 240p pixel count of NES games doesn't upscale nicely in 720p, resulting in motion shimmering being evident at times when moving. They were able to address this nicely on the SNES Classic Edition via a technique known as interpolation, which slightly softened the edges of pixels and effectively hid it with no loss in image quality.

I'm curious if they'll update the NES Classic emulator to include a similar fix.

Return to “Video Games General”