Secret of Mana (SNES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Secret of Mana (SNES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Per the recommendation of readers, I got a copy of the Secret of Mana off ebay! Just started playing it. Charming game. Really pretty graphics with a lot of flowers that's perfect for Spring. Love that Water Palace. The music is quite good too. Still getting acquainted with the user interface. The game is a lot more Zelda-esque with more live action than I expected. Guess I'll be playing this over the next few weeks/months.

ptdebate

Re: Secret of Mana (SNES)

Postby ptdebate » April 25th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Secret of Mana is such a beautiful and charming game. The remake on PS4 unfortunately is a bit dull. Glad you're enjoying the original. If you still wanna try the remake for comparison's sake, I'd recommend "renting" it from Gamestop to see how you like it first.

Sonicx9

Re: Secret of Mana (SNES)

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2018, 8:27 pm

ptdebate wrote:Secret of Mana is such a beautiful and charming game. The remake on PS4 unfortunately is a bit dull. Glad you're enjoying the original. If you still wanna try the remake for comparison's sake, I'd recommend "renting" it from Gamestop to see how you like it first.

Or for critics case wait till a Switch port comes out as the PS4 version also includes PC and Vita have bugs at launch. And the late switch version will be all fixed up along with the costume DLC baked in.

Return to “Now Playing”