Disney to re-rerelease Disney Classic Games, again

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Crummylion

Disney to re-rerelease Disney Classic Games, again

Postby Crummylion » September 23rd, 2021, 4:03 pm

Tend to be iffy on rereleases, especially with this one. The addition of save states and behind the scene material didn't exactly hook me last time, but the fact the publishers listened and added more to the new version impressed me. Not only did they include the Jungle Book game, but also the Capcom version of Aladdin and every handheld version of these games. And here's a kicker for some, not sure if they did it last time but they're adding an instruction manual for die hard game collectors in every box. Bummer it's only for one out of four game manuals available. Either way, I'm so glad I waited on this. Hoping they do an updated version of the Disney Afternoon collection with Goof Troop added on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOD8Hq-LrA&t=16s

MSR1701

Re: Disney to re-rerelease Disney Classic Games, again

Postby MSR1701 » September 27th, 2021, 3:29 pm

Crummylion wrote:Tend to be iffy on rereleases, especially with this one. The addition of save states and behind the scene material didn't exactly hook me last time, but the fact the publishers listened and added more to the new version impressed me. Not only did they include the Jungle Book game, but also the Capcom version of Aladdin and every handheld version of these games. And here's a kicker for some, not sure if they did it last time but they're adding an instruction manual for die hard game collectors in every box. Bummer it's only for one out of four game manuals available. Either way, I'm so glad I waited on this. Hoping they do an updated version of the Disney Afternoon collection with Goof Troop added on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOD8Hq-LrA&t=16s

That'd be nice, though aside from the Capcom SNES Aladdin game, all the other games are Virgin Games titles; oddly, the Game Gear games are missing (some were handled or published by Virgin Games), and I am quite irritated that they list "Game Boy Color" versions of the game, which is bupkus; those are Super Game Boy versions. (The Lion King did have GBC releases, but not of the original movie game; Aladdin DID have a GBC game, and better than the GB/SGB version, but was ported by a whole different company).

From what the VGC wrote, the Lion King GG release is good, and it would be nice to play GG Aladdin without horrid blur.

Just PLEASE forget the NES ports... Ick.

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » September 27th, 2021, 6:41 pm

MSR1701 wrote:That'd be nice, though aside from the Capcom SNES Aladdin game, all the other games are Virgin Games titles; oddly, the Game Gear games are missing (some were handled or published by Virgin Games), and I am quite irritated that they list "Game Boy Color" versions of the game, which is bupkus; those are Super Game Boy versions. (The Lion King did have GBC releases, but not of the original movie game; Aladdin DID have a GBC game, and better than the GB/SGB version, but was ported by a whole different company).

Thanks for pointing this out. I had a creeping feeling something was missing. Admittably, the various versions they showed off at once made me think they had everything, or at least most.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » October 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

From what I've dug up on this game, users with the game as first release can buy the additional games (the Jungle Book games and SNES Aladdin (they list some of the Aladdin and Lion King games as Game Boy Color, not sure if these are the actual GBC games or the Super Game Boy games that are already on the collection)) as DLC for USD$9.99; not a horrid deal (the Jungle Book games are good, and I haven't tried the SNES Aladdin (always had a bias to the Genesis game)), and the game will be sold for $29.99 with all games in cart form (the original cart has already been discounted to US$19.99 for most online sellers as of this post).

Return to “Classic Gaming”