Coleco: Gone But Not Forgotten

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ASalvaro

Coleco: Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby ASalvaro » January 13th, 2022, 2:49 pm

matmico399

Re: Coleco: Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby matmico399 » January 13th, 2022, 7:37 pm

Great article. I love these stories about classic game systems and how they prospered and failed. Thanks for sharing.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 15th, 2022, 7:02 pm

matmico399 wrote:Great article. I love these stories about classic game systems and how they prospered and failed. Thanks for sharing.

i've always wondered what would have happened if Coleco never came out with the Adam computer and concentrated all their money and efforts into the Colecovision..i think the history of gaming would have been rewritten..i think Coleco would have survived the crashed because at the time the Colecovision was still selling well but the Adam was just a total cash drain on them

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 16th, 2022, 9:40 am

I really enjoyed this article. I find it astonishing how a company could be on top of their game in 1983 and out of the market by 85. Those were turbulent years. It was during that time when I was losing interest in consoles and really getting into computers (I had an Atari 1200xl).

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » January 16th, 2022, 3:22 pm

Such a great article. When I was a kid I had a great set up. I owned an Atari 2600, my buddy across the street had an Intellivision and my buddy next store had a Colecovision. To this day, I have NO idea how that happened. As you might guess, we didn't spend much time at my house playing 2600 but tons of time playing sports titles on the Intellivision and arcade ports on the Colecovision. On the latter, I fondly remember playing Donkey Kong, Zaxxon and the Smurf game (of all things). I thought the Colecovision was awesome and if I was a collector, I would definitely have this in my inventory. Of course, all this ended when my buddy next store moved away and the Commodore 64 became the gaming machine of choice around 1983. Good times indeed!

Return to “Classic Gaming”