Atari Jaguar Emulator From 50th Anniversary Collection Released To Public.

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ThePixelatedGenocide

Atari Jaguar Emulator From 50th Anniversary Collection Released To Public.

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » December 4th, 2022, 9:43 pm

https://www.richwhitehouse.com/jaguar/

All retail cartridge games are now playable, with optional performance enhancements.

The man who made it is fighting for his life against cancer - send him your best wishes, thanks, and prayers, or support his patreon if you're able. He's not giving up, and he's got plans to keep improving the emulator if it's at all possible.

DrLitch

Re: Atari Jaguar Emulator From 50th Anniversary Collection Released To Public.

Postby DrLitch » December 4th, 2022, 11:32 pm

This is very useful. Thanks. I will support this guy on Patreon.

The last Jaguar emulator I tried was terrible. I think it ran Tempest OK but everything else was nearly unplayable. I had a Jaguar way back in the day so only have played a handful of games. Iron Soldier has been on my bucket list for a revisit and there is a sequel I never played.

LS650

Postby LS650 » December 7th, 2022, 3:31 pm

There is already a minor update to v 1.01 that fixes a few bugs. Note this is for Windows 10 64-bit, but the hardware specs aren't that demanding.

I've spent several hours over the last week playing some of my favorite games for the Jaguar with the emulator, and it's excellent.

Well done to the developer. It runs every commercial game (a few with minor flaws) and much of the homebrew library. As far as 'installation' goes, there's just one big executable file with a few subdirectories. It runs well "out of the box" but there's a lot of customization of features available.

If you're curious to check out some of the unique games in the Jaguar but can't afford eBay prices for a console, now is your chance.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 7th, 2022, 6:42 pm

Incredible stuff. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Return to “Classic Gaming”