I bought an Atari Gamestation Pro and a Kinhank Superconsole X2 Pro

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ASalvaro

I bought an Atari Gamestation Pro and a Kinhank Superconsole X2 Pro

Postby ASalvaro » February 26th, 2024, 3:28 pm

I always thought the Atari Gamestation Pro looked interesting from the reviews and videos online so when i saw it was only $50 on Amazon i bought one the other day...it turns out it may be the worst thing i EVER bought...more the half the games wouldn't start...when you stick the Micro SD card in it causes unplayable pauses in the games and there is terrible lag with the really bad controllers...i don't know if i got a bad unit or there a lot of people lying online on how good it is but anyway i was so disappointed in it that i went online and ordered a Kinhank Superconsole X2 for $119...something i should have bought in the 1st place...wow what a GREAT system!..it has everything..every system and game you could have ever want and no lag or anything with the controllers..its amazing how for only $70 more than the Atari Gamestation you can get a unit that does and plays everything
Last edited by ASalvaro on February 26th, 2024, 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: I bought an Atari Gamestation Pro and a Kinhank Superconsole X2 Pro

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 26th, 2024, 6:15 pm

Thanks for taking the time to give all of us a heads up! You're an official cautionary tale! LOL

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 26th, 2024, 9:54 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Thanks for taking the time to give all of us a heads up! You're an official cautionary tale! LOL

lol well i'm kind of glad the Atari Gamestation turned out to be so bad it kicked me to get the Kinhank finally

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 27th, 2024, 5:10 pm

another thing that bothers me about the Atari Gamestation is theres a screw on the battery compartment..so to put the batterys in you have to scrounge around and find a phillips..at least the instructions say "Screwdriver not included!" i dont get the need for a screw when there's already a latch

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 27th, 2024, 7:11 pm

Yeah I hate that. A lot of Halloween and Christmas decorations are like that, and if you don't screw it in, the latch sticks out.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » February 27th, 2024, 7:20 pm

An Amazon review says that the Playstation, N64 and Dreamcast games don't work on the Kinhank.

RDReynolds

Postby RDReynolds » February 27th, 2024, 8:50 pm

Weird, I've had zero issues with my Gamestation Pro. Love playing 7800 Food Fight on there. We put in in the arcade and folks seem to be enjoying it as well? We just use wires for the controllers, so no batteries are needed and that works out great for that application. For $50 it's hard to beat...

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 28th, 2024, 12:55 pm

RDReynolds wrote:Weird, I've had zero issues with my Gamestation Pro. Love playing 7800 Food Fight on there. We put in in the arcade and folks seem to be enjoying it as well? We just use wires for the controllers, so no batteries are needed and that works out great for that application. For $50 it's hard to beat...

it could have been a bad unit because like i said i can't keep the SD card in the slot or all the games will pause every couple seconds

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 28th, 2024, 12:58 pm

mbd36 wrote:An Amazon review says that the Playstation, N64 and Dreamcast games don't work on the Kinhank.

most of Dreamcast games and the PS1 games that are included have worked fine..i haven't tried the N64 but they say its a mixed bag.

Return to “Classic Gaming”