"Clockwork Knight" Code

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
DocHix

"Clockwork Knight" Code

Postby DocHix » June 19th, 2024, 6:56 pm

Everyone else may have already heard about this, but it was news to me. After 28 years, someone named @memory fallen has discovered a code that allows you access to the first "Clockwork Knight" game on the U.S. "Clockwork Knight II" disc. I remember reading that the Japanese game was split in half for it's American/PAL release but I somehow missed this news from earlier in the year. It's amazing to me that dedicated gamers are still finding secrets like this nearly 30 years post release. Here's an interesting article about it...

https://segabits.com/blog/2024/01/02/se ... e%20screen.

Retro STrife

Re: "Clockwork Knight" Code

Postby Retro STrife » June 21st, 2024, 8:11 pm

I clicked this thread thinking it was the long-rumored Clockwork Knight nude code.

IMG_3038.jpeg
IMG_3038.jpeg (18.6 KiB) Viewed 131 times

This is pretty cool too though. I wonder how this happened considering the business side of things- back then, selling your older games as “greatest hits”-type discounts for $20 was a common thing. I wonder if this wasn’t publisher-approved, and that’s why it stayed secret for so long. But at the same time, it seems strange to put this big of a secret into a game and not share it publicly to help market the game.

Return to “Classic Gaming”