Crown Jewel of your collection?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 27th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Wings of Wor isn't really worth much, it usually sells for around 12 bucks on Ebay.

Calysma1

Postby Calysma1 » August 27th, 2014, 11:58 pm

[QUOTE=Rev][QUOTE=Calysma]My most treasured game in my collection would undoubtedly be Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the PS1. This title regularly goes for about $100 on eBay, so when I saw it on sale at a second-hand shop a few years ago for only $19.95, I couldn't hand my money over fast enough.  [/QUOTE]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless the game is sealed, there is no way it goes for $100. The game has been going for $30-45 for years. I rechecked eBay and pretty much confirmed the price.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, wasn't clear enough in my original post; I meant eBay Australia (and prices in Australian dollars, naturally). We typically pay through the nose for games Down Under, whether they be new or used.

As you can see from these completed listings, the cheapest copy recently sold on eBay.com.au (about a couple of months back) went for AUD$101.00 including postage (about US$94.50 at current exchange rates).

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » August 28th, 2014, 10:06 am

[QUOTE=Vexer]Wings of Wor isn't really worth much, it usually sells for around 12 bucks on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

That's for a loose cart.  I just checked ebay and a complete copy will routinely sell for an average of $20-$30...sometimes more depending on the condition.  The copy I own is still in its shrink.  While it's not worth a ton of money I'm fairly confident it's worth more than $12.

Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » August 28th, 2014, 2:03 pm

I don't own so many consoles as most of you guys, my most exclusive is probably the 32X [smile]. I really like my GBA SP NES Edition, not because it's exclusive, but because it looks so great.

The rarest (but not most cherished) game in my collection is probably Zelda's Adventure (CD-i). I'm probably not a true collector. I want to play the games, not just keep them in their packaging.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » August 28th, 2014, 2:31 pm

I want to play the games too lol.  I just don't always have the time.  Thus plenty of them stay in their shrink wrap.  I wouldn't have a problem opening up and playing any of the games I listed.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » August 28th, 2014, 3:09 pm

I have a PC-50x console, which in itself isn't remarkable.
However it's got a beautiful picture, it's boxed, I have the separate light gun and all but one of the games in the British Adman Grandstand boxes. I just need the Tank Battle game.

Game wise it's probably Panzer Dragoon Saga but I desperately want Snatcher for the Sega CD (hint Santa/wife).

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » August 28th, 2014, 5:22 pm

[QUOTE=Calysma][QUOTE=Rev][QUOTE=Calysma]My most treasured game in my collection would undoubtedly be Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the PS1. This title regularly goes for about $100 on eBay, so when I saw it on sale at a second-hand shop a few years ago for only $19.95, I couldn't hand my money over fast enough.  [/QUOTE]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless the game is sealed, there is no way it goes for $100. The game has been going for $30-45 for years. I rechecked eBay and pretty much confirmed the price.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, wasn't clear enough in my original post; I meant eBay Australia (and prices in Australian dollars, naturally). We typically pay through the nose for games Down Under, whether they be new or used.

As you can see from these completed listings, the cheapest copy recently sold on eBay.com.au (about a couple of months back) went for AUD$101.00 including postage (about US$94.50 at current exchange rates).
[/QUOTE]

Ahh! That makes much more sense. I got to stop assuming everyone lives in the U.S. My apologies.

Noah981

Postby Noah981 » August 28th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Consoles: Vectrex! One of the few systems that can't be emulated properly and must be experienced.

Accessories/other: ROB for the NES. Such a fun reminder of the past. Frogger and Pac-Man Coleco Tabletops.

Games: Clayfighter Sculpter's Cut with box and instructions for the N64, Diner for the Intellivision, and gold Zelda carts (original, 2, Ocarina, Majora's).

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » September 3rd, 2014, 2:31 am

My most cherished item is my Original Xbox kiosk. Fits perfect in my game room and is dead sexy. This is perfect because I'm chasing a full north America original xbox game collection. Almost 800 different games titles.

My two other favorite are Sega Genesis variations. One is the JVC X eye it is the American version of the Wondermega. A Sega CD/Genesis combo unit. The other is my modded Nomad with modern lcd screen and lithium battery pack.

I have a ton of other items I love but I'll keep it to 3 per critics rules.

Ok one last one.. I just picked up a star wars edition xbox 360 console cib. It's pretty sweet looking. Gonna keep this thing for just display.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » September 3rd, 2014, 2:56 pm

Wallyworld- Cool, so how many original Xbox games do you have so far?

Return to “Classic Gaming”