Toughest game you've beaten

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Luigi & Peach

Re: Toughest game you've beaten

Postby Luigi & Peach » October 31st, 2015, 3:11 pm

My wife and I completed Obscure for the ps2 on the highest difficulty level. I'm sure it's not the hardest game of all time, but they're incredibly stingy with health and ammo on that difficulty level to the point where you need to know exactly how many bullets it takes to kill an enemy and seriously consider restarting at the last save point if you use more.

One of these years maybe I'll finally beat Timesplitters 2 on the hard difficulty level.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » November 1st, 2015, 4:50 pm

The Evil Within on AKUMU difficulty, followed by the Souls games and then maybe Ikaruga.

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » November 10th, 2015, 1:21 am

Here's a few off the top of my head.

Wipeout HD - I probably spent 15 hours getting Zone Zeus alone!

DKC 1-3 - I remember getting 100% on all of these games back when they came out.

Contra - I beat this without the Konami code and without using a continue.

Contra 3 - I beat this on Normal with a friend in 2 player co-op. I wish we had tried beating it on hard while we were good at it.

Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 - I remember having some trouble with these back in the day.

Kid Icarus - I actually think this game is overrated in terms of difficulty. If you're patient, destroy a lot of monsters, get a lot of hearts, do the psychical challenges, and maybe buy a bottle or feather if you need it the game gets really easy after the 2nd level.

Also I've made it to level 7 on Battletoads for NES. That alone is more difficult than completing most games.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » November 11th, 2015, 10:18 am

Earthworm Jim was a pretty difficult game. The level where you had to navigate the fish bowl around was probably my least favorite ( along with the Pete the Puppy level).

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » November 17th, 2015, 3:12 am

I beat Parodius for snes a while back. That's one of the hardest and cutest games I've ever played.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » June 22nd, 2016, 12:58 pm

I beat all 13 stages of Battletoads without warps and cheats for the first time last night. This is on another level of difficulty compared to other hard games I've beaten such as Ninja Gaiden and Batman.

Return to “Classic Gaming”