THEY'RE GONG TO DIG UP THE E.T. CARTRIDGES!!!!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » June 19th, 2013, 12:59 pm

I didn't know my posts were "malformed" so my apologies for that.

pixelated1

Postby pixelated1 » June 19th, 2013, 1:01 pm

[QUOTE=weallmissedme]The only people excited for the AVGN film are people under the age of 20.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost 34 years old and I'm looking forward to it. And I like to think I'm at least as mature as a 20-year-old. It's just comedy.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » June 19th, 2013, 2:09 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]

The quote function does not work for me for some reason, so that's why i've been posting names.  I'll see if it'll work on a different browser.

[/QUOTE]
It is the little pen function icon DR6. 

As I have said before this is rubbish.  ET was not that bad.  If you have a million of them unsold.  Say a bit like THQ's drawing tablet.  What do your do?  You sell them off to someone else at a loss and they sell them for a profit.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » June 19th, 2013, 2:21 pm

I know which button it is, but when I click on it nothing happens, it's probably a browser-related issue.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » June 19th, 2013, 2:25 pm

[QUOTE]I'm almost 34 years old and I'm looking forward to it. And I like to think I'm at least as mature as a 20-year-old. It's just comedy. [/QUOTE]

Agreed, i'm 23 and looking forward to it.  I hate it when people make sweeping generalizations like "only [blank] like this".

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » June 19th, 2013, 3:43 pm

It isn't comedy. It's a man that wasn't slapped enough by his mother and cusses like Andrew Dice Clay. Seriously! It's way too much and definitely goes overboard. I have an awful mouth, but I don't talk like THAT. I also can't stand that nasty "toilet" humor. Goodness, I'm 40, and my father would whoop the tar outta me until I learned some values! Guess no other parents believed in corporal punishment.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » June 19th, 2013, 4:03 pm

It's an act.  The nerd is the same as Batman, The Terminator or James T Kirk...just a character that a person plays.

I understand that some people may find "the Nerd's" style to be juvenile and unfunny and there is nothing wrong with having that opinion.  However, the man behind the nerd, James Rolfe, is actual a very intelligent and surprisingly laid back person.  Go watch some of his non nerd stuff to see what I'm talking about.  

Watch this video to see what I'm talking about.

Yea he does like to swear, but it's nothing like his nerd videos.  From what I understand, he is just a guy that always wanted to make movies ever since he saw King Kong as a child.  So I think the fact that he is finally accomplishing his dream of making a full length feature film is awesome.  

I think the fact that movie will center around E.T. is pretty funny since it's his most recommended game to 'review'. I'm sure I'll check it out and I'm sure I'll laugh at it.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » June 19th, 2013, 4:18 pm

[QUOTE]

It isn't comedy. It's a man that wasn't slapped enough by his mother and cusses like Andrew Dice Clay. Seriously! It's way too much and definitely goes overboard. I have an awful mouth, but I don't talk like THAT. I also can't stand that nasty "toilet" humor. Goodness, I'm 40, and my father would whoop the tar outta me until I learned some values! Guess no other parents believed in corporal punishment.

[/QUOTE]

You're taking AVGN WAAAAAYYYYYYY TOO seriously.  He's nothing like that in real life.  Funny you should mention Clay though, his whole Diceman routine was just an act, but people like Roger Ebert mistakenly thought that's how he really was in real life.

You can have a good upbringing and still swear a ton, like my dad for example, his parents were very strict and despite being Christian he swears ALL the time(seriously he makes AVGN look like a priest).

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » June 19th, 2013, 6:41 pm

I just can't stand the VGN.  I don't get why he's popular.  I am one of these guys who can find inappropriate things funny all the time, but I just don't find the guy comical at all.

To each his own though.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » June 19th, 2013, 6:46 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]I didn't know my posts were "malformed" so my apologies for that.[/QUOTE]

It's fine.  I just wanted to let you know what was going on.  One of those messages you posted in that XB1 thread we were arguing in had so many of those, it took forever for me to format it properly.  I was almost ready to delete it but thought I might get accused of doing it for other reasons.

Return to “Classic Gaming”