Arduboy -- Card Sized Gaming!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Hardcore Sadism

Arduboy -- Card Sized Gaming!

Postby Hardcore Sadism » May 12th, 2015, 1:31 am

I know, Kickstarter again, but I think this is cute enough to warrant a few turned heads.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/90 ... zed-gaming

I'd easily take an 8-Hour long battery with ultra portable design and PHYSICAL BUTTONS, not just thin sheets of bubble-vinyl sealant your remotes have.

Hardcore Sadism

Re: Arduboy -- Card Sized Gaming!

Postby Hardcore Sadism » May 12th, 2015, 3:47 pm

This is still better than those projects which never get finished and delay backer rewards 2+ years (Off-topic example: Talkase Credit Card Sized Cell Phone). Honestly as long as this contributes something to the Homebrew communities it's a very decent idea.

It's about time we had a gaming system not just live off the fumes of the NES and Game Boy, though the button layout certainly does. Not a criticism but I can see this thing getting a huge upgrade while not even two years past its initial release! A landscape model would be a pleasant option.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 18th, 2015, 7:24 pm

The concept itself is pretty sweet. Give it a color screen and durability and I'd consider adding it to my wallet. Normally, I use my phone when I'm waiting in line at the gas station but this could be as good or better with emulators.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » May 19th, 2015, 12:01 am

ActRaiser wrote:The concept itself is pretty sweet. Give it a color screen and durability and I'd consider adding it to my wallet. Normally, I use my phone when I'm waiting in line at the gas station but this could be as good or better with emulators.

He dropped a cryptic hint about a 'Next-Gen' Arduboy. Color Screen perhaps, too early to guess, but it's likely happening (not like they'll openly discuss it).

Return to “Classic Gaming”