Pray it aint so - Wisdom Tree NES Plug n Play

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
scotland

Pray it aint so - Wisdom Tree NES Plug n Play

Postby scotland » July 22nd, 2016, 9:02 am

on kickstater is the Arkade plug and play
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1549719931/the-arkade-a-classic-christian-video-game-plug-and

This is a NES plug and plays preloaded with the 7 Wisdom Tree unlicensed NES games. If you don't want that (and who would blame you) there are various NES, Genesis, SNES and PC offerings. Super Noahs Ark 3D is a SNES game and not on the plug and play, but is offered as a SNES cart. Its also on Steam. Or play Wolfenstein.

Personally I think Wisdom Tree should have joint ventured to get the unlicensed NES Tengen games on this, and maybe a few NES homebrews if possible. How about a creating a new homebrew?

I feel the need to see if today is April 1st....nope, its not.

If balancing animals on your head sounds like fun, and if you think emulation is a sin, maybe look into this. Who knows, it could be a collectible someday.

Rev

Re: Pray it aint so - Wisdom Tree NES Plug n Play

Postby Rev » July 22nd, 2016, 6:10 pm

Wow... the most amazing part is that people are actually backing it... It might meet it's goal... :shock:

DevMac10

Postby DevMac10 » July 27th, 2016, 6:19 pm

I actually sent them all the links to AVGN's videos about their horrible games.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 28th, 2016, 6:40 pm

That's crazy that it met it's goal, lol. I can't imagine who this actually appeals to - religious people or NES collectors...

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 29th, 2016, 6:45 pm

When I was a fundie kid, I would have killed to own Spiritual Warfare. It's impossible to translate the Lord of the Rings, for real, appeal in all of this, but just by existing in a pre-internet age, it was automatically a better game than Zelda for the millions of families who couldn't afford it.

Unfortunately, I'm sure those who could afford it, had a different opinion.

Return to “Classic Gaming”