Lynx Vs. Game Gear

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Lynx Vs. Game Gear

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 28th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Lately I've been reviewing a lot of Lynx/Game Gear titles, and it seems to me the Lynx had a lot more games with scaling effects like War Birds, Turbo Sub, and S.T.U.N. Runner. The Game Gear seems to have more standard side-scrollers. Unfortunately, I don't think too many of those innovative Lynx games were particularly good.

Am I right about this?

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » December 22nd, 2017, 10:59 am

gametime wrote:Were these two even competing against each other or the GameBoy? Meaning was Atari and Sega more worried about each other or Nintendo? Maybe just getting the leftover market share?

The Atari Lynx did make a guest appearance on an episode of Full House. All about bragging rights in the 90's. :lol:

Atari Corp. sued Nintendo in the late 80's/early 90's arguing that Nintendo used their monopoly power to restrict the market. Sega spent millions in advertising dollars to convince stores to carry their systems.

Both Atari and Sega were trying to compete against Nintendo; Sega even tried to partner with Atari when they first brought the Genesis to the U.S.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » December 22nd, 2017, 9:02 pm

The Atari Lynx did make a guest appearance on an episode of Full House. All about bragging rights in the 90's. :lol:[/quote]

Really? Wow. Which episode and what season did the Lynx appear on that sitcom?

Return to “Classic Gaming”