PolyMega Retro System

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Shapur

Re: PolyMega Retro System

Postby Shapur » April 26th, 2020, 3:33 pm

Too clarify I am uncertain if any DVD drive made today can read a GD rom or a GCN disc. That may, or may not be possible with software updates. Presumably a module could be made to read those discs but it may not be economically worth it.

I do not see any issues running these games on a coffee lake CPU. Dolphin can run on older architectures. In my experience Saturn emulation usually requires more horsepower than N64, GameCube or Dreamcast.

Tron

Re: PolyMega Retro System

Postby Tron » May 4th, 2020, 3:22 pm

I’m not a collector anymore so these systems don’t excite me anymore. Initially I was excited with these systems, but with emulation, Raspberry Pi, I don’t see much point to these. Sure CD drive is cool, but with a MAME emulator you can have have hundreds of arcade games. I’m not speaking as a computer geek that can build these things, but just a gamer who can find other people to sell them to me.

Here’s the real problem for me. Sure it would be cool to play obscure games from say the Sega CD on this thing, but ya still gotta go buy the games. If you already have the games, like the Critic, then this would be cool, but I don’t want to spend $200 on an old rpg that I never got to play.

Return to “Classic Gaming”