Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Alucard1191

Re: Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Postby Alucard1191 » September 15th, 2018, 11:29 am

I beat this once but cheated with save states. Only way I was able to beat battletoads as well. They made them really, really challenging back then.

Hagane

Postby Hagane » September 15th, 2018, 3:36 pm

I think it's the best game in the series, it's more plataform based, this may explain the double jump, so the level design is more inventive than before, also the music and the graphics are amazing for it's time.

There are it's faults of course, those slowdowns hurt the game a bit and the dificult is very hard but not impossible, the only unfair part are those flying red devils, to kill them you have to carry a good weapon.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » September 15th, 2018, 4:35 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I love the audio/visual quality of the game, but the gameplay certainly has some major flaws. Have you ever noticed how the spacing when jumping is bad? When you reach a column and double-jump, you end up jumping OVER it instead of on top. Most of the time you want to be on top.

You don't know how to use the double jump.

You don't have to jump at the peak of the first jump, you can "feather" the jumps at any point in the air. Do a small hop then double jump to reach the correct height.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 15th, 2018, 6:14 pm

40 years of playing games and just learning now I don't know how to double jump! I guess that also applies to my friends who also reported this issue! ;)

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » September 15th, 2018, 6:51 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:40 years of playing games and just learning now I don't know how to double jump! I guess that also applies to my friends who also reported this issue! ;)

Glad I could help. Now go take what I taught you and play the game properly.

Hagane

Postby Hagane » September 15th, 2018, 11:24 pm

"When you reach a column and double-jump, you end up jumping OVER it instead of on top. Most of the time you want to be on top."

I know what you're talking about, you have to jump in the opposite direction of the column then double jump in it's direction to reach the top of the column, easy.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » September 24th, 2018, 2:48 pm

For anyone that wants to hear two idiots babble about Super Ghouls N Ghosts for 28 minutes please check out the latest episode of my podcast, Dracula's Arcade!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vv4s7-9a8dff

As always I appreciate any feedback whether good or bad. The podcast is NSFW as we tend to curse like drunken sailors.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » October 23rd, 2018, 4:48 pm

I like this game. But to tell you the truth, I'm terrible at it.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » November 7th, 2018, 5:00 am

The raft stage is where you find out who has the patience for the games this game plays. From here on out, the stage design is padded to hell and back, repetitive, and punishes you for the slightest error. None of the enemies will make a highlight reel for the series, and the final boss can't compete with Loki from the last game.

Sadomasochism can only go so far to excuse a lack of new ideas.

I'd rather play the original Ghosts and Goblins.

Return to “Classic Gaming”