I'm SCARTing!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Breaker

Re: I'm SCARTing!

Postby Breaker » October 25th, 2018, 12:11 am

bluenote wrote:
Herschie wrote:I'm back to CRTing. Just that nothing beats it.

Wow, that's quite a change in only 2 weeks.

What happened?

I was wondering the same thing....

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 25th, 2018, 3:07 pm

A lot of it just depends on if I want surround sound or not. If I use my CRT, then I don't get my surround sound, since I have that for the 4K. If I must have that surround sound, then I use the Framemeister. And SCART.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 14th, 2018, 3:28 am

Once again, I'm back on the SCART. I can't get over how much the colors just pop! This was evident when I was playing Super Double Dragon and Super Metroid these past few days. The oranges, the magentas, the blues, the yellows. I'm getting paid in a few days, and now I want to SCART every system possible. Oooh, Ghostbusters on the Master System had some vibrant hues, I can only imagine what that would look like all SCARTed out!

And also it's amazing how much better they can make a 240p image look. Plus I get my surround sound.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 14th, 2018, 9:01 pm

I ended up snagging a 32" Sony monitor recently at a thrift shop. Colors look beautiful!

Breaker

Postby Breaker » November 22nd, 2018, 5:55 pm

I bought a SCART cable for my Genesis and an OSSC. The clarity of the picture is unreal. I'm using an Epson projector and a Marantz receiver, and there is zero noticeable lag. I'm going to be buying a SCART switch and some SCART cables for many of my other systems. Might even have to look into getting some of the systems modded. This is amazing.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » August 6th, 2021, 12:36 am

After playing Sega CD via SCART I think I actually prefer the softer image that composite has to offer. And really nothing beats a CRT now does it?

Don't much care for S-video neither on N64.

Return to “Classic Gaming”