I'm SCARTing!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Breaker

Re: I'm SCARTing!

Postby Breaker » October 25th, 2018, 12:11 am

bluenote wrote:
Herschie wrote:I'm back to CRTing. Just that nothing beats it.

Wow, that's quite a change in only 2 weeks.

What happened?

I was wondering the same thing....

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 25th, 2018, 3:07 pm

A lot of it just depends on if I want surround sound or not. If I use my CRT, then I don't get my surround sound, since I have that for the 4K. If I must have that surround sound, then I use the Framemeister. And SCART.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 14th, 2018, 3:28 am

Once again, I'm back on the SCART. I can't get over how much the colors just pop! This was evident when I was playing Super Double Dragon and Super Metroid these past few days. The oranges, the magentas, the blues, the yellows. I'm getting paid in a few days, and now I want to SCART every system possible. Oooh, Ghostbusters on the Master System had some vibrant hues, I can only imagine what that would look like all SCARTed out!

And also it's amazing how much better they can make a 240p image look. Plus I get my surround sound.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 14th, 2018, 9:01 pm

I ended up snagging a 32" Sony monitor recently at a thrift shop. Colors look beautiful!

Breaker

Postby Breaker » November 22nd, 2018, 5:55 pm

I bought a SCART cable for my Genesis and an OSSC. The clarity of the picture is unreal. I'm using an Epson projector and a Marantz receiver, and there is zero noticeable lag. I'm going to be buying a SCART switch and some SCART cables for many of my other systems. Might even have to look into getting some of the systems modded. This is amazing.

Return to “Classic Gaming”