Sega SG-1000 Disc for Dreamcast

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Sega SG-1000 Disc for Dreamcast

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 27th, 2019, 12:40 pm

Recently I stumbled onto a disc called Sega SG-1000 while perusing SG-1000 cartridges on ebay. The problem with collecting SG-1000 cartridges is they 1) are expensive 2) need to be imported from Japan, and 3) have no English instructions.

I try to periodically review games for this system, but it's hard. This disc changes everything however. It seems to contain the entire emulated library and the graphics look very faithful - even on an HDTV!

While I generally review games on their original hardware, I think for this system I'll need to make an exception. The good news is, I'll be able to pump out the reviews much faster, and review titles that would not have been practical for me to review in the past. I was just playing Golgo 13, which seems pretty fun.

And for all Dreamcast owners who want to know what the original Sega console was like, you may want to check out this disc.

Atariboy

Re: Sega SG-1000 Disc for Dreamcast

Postby Atariboy » April 27th, 2019, 2:07 pm

Do you happen to be aware of the Analogue Mega SG?

https://www.analogue.co/mega-sg/

It's a brand new high-quality Sega Genesis system that is 100% authentic recreation on a fpga (Not software emulation), runs in 1080p, offers zero input lag, supports the entire cartridge library, etc (Just no 32X support, yet). But the relevant portion is that it's also a SG-1000 system (And Sega Master System, Game Gear, and Colecovision) and supports the loading of roms via SD card.

I can't speak enough praise for this and the SNES predecessor, the Super NT. Both do an amazing job of bringing two of videogaming's greatest systems into the high-definition era. I hope you give them a look since I bet you'll be pleased. These aren't your father's clone system. :)

Return to “Classic Gaming”