Need help finding a PC game I used to play.

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
astrodomekid

Need help finding a PC game I used to play.

Postby astrodomekid » May 26th, 2019, 5:21 pm

When I was a kid, I used to go to a daycare center containing a room that had four different computers (running Windows XP and Edmark KidDesk: Internet Safe) for us to play games on. It was there we spent countless hours on 3D Frog Frenzy, Backyard Basketball [2001], Backyard Football [1998], Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion, Hoyle Kids' Games, Hoyle Word Games, I Spy: Fantasy, I Spy: Spooky Mansion, Kid Pix Deluxe 3, My Amazing Human Body, The Oregon Trail Deluxe, and Sim Town. But there is one game that I have struggled to track down.

Since I didn't really play it that much and more just saw it in passing, my memory of the game is rather vague. What I do know is that it was a tile-matching puzzle game from before 2008 set underwater, complete with animated fish. Think “Puzz Loop (a.k.a. Ballistic)” or “Zuma”, except instead of a long trail pieces, it was just a big circle of them. And instead of being stuck in one position, your fish can move freely along the outer edge of the puzzle and shoot the pieces out of its mouth. And whenever you achieved a combo, a female voice and on-screen text would exclaim “Combo!”.

I’ve tried asking for identification of this mysterious game seemingly locked away in my own memory numerous times on places like Reddit and MobyGames (and heck, maybe I’ve already asked here before). But so far, nothing has come up. I can’t even find the game anywhere on MobyGames’ expansive database (which from what I’ve heard is supposed to be the largest gaming database on the Internet). So all I can do is just keep searching - whether it’s on my own or with more forum posts like this one - and hope to Heaven above that it turns up eventually.

So... does anyone remember something like this?

Return to “Classic Gaming”