i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ASalvaro
Posts: 60
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby ASalvaro » May 26th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Tommy Tallarico has a great vision for this new console..don't know if it's been reported here but the new Earthworm Jim
will be an Amico exclusive and also found out they are remaking Imagic's Beauty & The Beast for the Amico
they will be at the upcoming E3 so it will be interesting to see how far they have progressed with this but i haven't been
this excited about a new console in 25 years lol

ASalvaro
Posts: 60
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby ASalvaro » May 27th, 2019, 6:49 pm

a live stream with Tommy Tallarico and the original Earthworm Jim team talking about
the upcoming Earthworm Jim exclusive coming to the Amico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d06t0xSOLOg

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 12903
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 27th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Does this have a cartridge slot, or is it all digital?

ASalvaro
Posts: 60
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby ASalvaro » May 27th, 2019, 10:39 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Does this have a cartridge slot, or is it all digital?

All games $2.99 to $9.99. Download only for that price.
There will be physical special edition prints (*SD card) for a premium ($30) on a game-by-game basis.

MSR1701
Posts: 102
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 7:53 am

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby MSR1701 » May 28th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I like the idea of the intellivision receiving more exposure and getting a nice overhaul.

On the other hand, where micro consoles (aka Mini Consoles) tend to do well on their own, not being self-contained and having downloadable games would be a turn off for me, as one cannot guarantee how long the online support would last, or if any community support would occur after the fact.

While I like having a new Earthworm Jim game, being exclusive to a system that may or may not sell well is not something I think works in the modern market.

And then we have the specter of the Coleco Chameleon to remind us of what also can go wrong...

Please bear in mind I would love for this to take off and do well; will have to wait for E3 to see if this is worth the time to investigate...

ASalvaro
Posts: 60
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby ASalvaro » May 28th, 2019, 3:51 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I like the idea of the intellivision receiving more exposure and getting a nice overhaul.

On the other hand, where micro consoles (aka Mini Consoles) tend to do well on their own, not being self-contained and having downloadable games would be a turn off for me, as one cannot guarantee how long the online support would last, or if any community support would occur after the fact.

While I like having a new Earthworm Jim game, being exclusive to a system that may or may not sell well is not something I think works in the modern market.

And then we have the specter of the Coleco Chameleon to remind us of what also can go wrong...

Please bear in mind I would love for this to take off and do well; will have to wait for E3 to see if this is worth the time to investigate...

What I really like is there is zero crowd funding..they must have some pretty big backers because this is going to cost 10's of millions

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 12903
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 28th, 2019, 5:09 pm

I would buy this if the physical media was readily available. $30 is pushing it, but if the games are high quality (like Earthworm Jim) it might be worth it.

As a download only system the Amico would basically just be a next-gen Ouya. Who in the hell wants that?

MSR1701
Posts: 102
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 7:53 am

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby MSR1701 » May 28th, 2019, 5:13 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I would buy this if the physical media was readily available. $30 is pushing it, but if the games are high quality (like Earthworm Jim) it might be worth it.

As a download only system the Amico would basically just be a next-gen Ouya. Who in the hell wants that?


Very good question...

Teej
Posts: 6
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 11:30 am

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby Teej » May 29th, 2019, 5:56 pm

ASalvaro wrote:Tommy Tallarico has a great vision for this new console..don't know if it's been reported here but the new Earthworm Jim
will be an Amico exclusive and also found out they are remaking Imagic's Beauty & The Beast for the Amico
they will be at the upcoming E3 so it will be interesting to see how far they have progressed with this but i haven't been
this excited about a new console in 25 years lol


“Beauty & The Beast” might not be the absolute last game I could imagine being remade, but it’s gotta be up there. I suppose Dracula 2020 is next up.

ASalvaro
Posts: 60
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby ASalvaro » July 4th, 2019, 3:41 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Does this have a cartridge slot, or is it all digital?


some new info about physical media for the Intellivision Amico

"8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
YES! I can confirm that we will have physical media! I just can't comment on the "type" right now as we are still in the patent process. Trust me... it's SUPER COOL!! :)

Although we won't be putting a cartridge slot on the new machine (I could and would if it was super cheap... but it's actually quite expensive) but if a 3rd party person wants to do a cart slot as an "add-on" that hooks up USB... I think that would be super cool and we would totally support it if it passes our quality control, licensing, etc.



But if you love carts... we have a nice surprise coming next year when we make some announcements."


Return to “Classic Gaming”