Timber - Midway - 1984

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
C64_Critic

Timber - Midway - 1984

Postby C64_Critic » July 20th, 2019, 10:36 pm

A while ago I took an old Xbox and replaced the hard drive with one that I could load CoinOps 7 Massive, an all-in-one emulator/game package of old skool stuff. From time to time I have it select a random game for me and give it a try. Today it selected "Timber", which apparently is some kind of mod/re-purposing of old Tapper arcade cabinets? The character you play certainly looks just like the guy from Tapper, only this time he needs to run around chomping down trees before time runs out. Vexing him is a bear that likes to throw bee hives at you, and perhaps something else if you make it to later levels (I only made it past the second bonus stage). It was actually a fun little game I'd never seen or heard of before, if anyone has it in their library I encourage them to give it a 'whack'!

ASalvaro

Re: Timber - Midway - 1984

Postby ASalvaro » July 21st, 2019, 7:10 pm

C64_Critic wrote:A while ago I took an old Xbox and replaced the hard drive with one that I could load CoinOps 7 Massive, an all-in-one emulator/game package of old skool stuff. From time to time I have it select a random game for me and give it a try. Today it selected "Timber", which apparently is some kind of mod/re-purposing of old Tapper arcade cabinets? The character you play certainly looks just like the guy from Tapper, only this time he needs to run around chomping down trees before time runs out. Vexing him is a bear that likes to throw bee hives at you, and perhaps something else if you make it to later levels (I only made it past the second bonus stage). It was actually a fun little game I'd never seen or heard of before, if anyone has it in their library I encourage them to give it a 'whack'!

i've never played this game before but i just looked it up on youtube and the arcade version looks really cool..i'm gonna check it out later

snakeboy

Re: Timber - Midway - 1984

Postby snakeboy » July 21st, 2019, 9:58 pm

Timber is actually on Midway Treasures 2 for PS2/ Xbox/ Gamecube for anyone who wants to try it but doesn't want to use MAME or other emulators.

Return to “Classic Gaming”