PS1 Suggestions

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
goldenband

Re: PS1 Suggestions

Postby goldenband » August 19th, 2019, 11:37 pm

astrodomekid wrote:
goldenband wrote:Has anyone played Plucky's Big Adventure, the Tiny Toons game? I keep meaning to get into it, and as the title suggests, it seems to be an adventure game.

No offense, but that was perhaps the very first video game that pissed me off. It took me forever to track down one of the first items you needed to collect, and when I finally did and managed to beat the game (which really isn't anything to write home about to begin with), the ending was just a huge slap in the face. Quite frankly, it might just be one of the worst games I've ever played.

Ha, no offense taken! I haven't played the game for more than a couple minutes, but your description almost makes me want to fire it up even more. :D

Herschie

Postby Herschie » August 21st, 2019, 9:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Metal Gear Solid arrived today. Since I'm working again and don't have as much time to play, I'm going to buy others once I complete this and work my way down the list. There's something charming about N64/PS1 graphics.

For some reason there were a bunch of Burger King coupons inside the case with the discs. Maybe the Ebay seller is trying to eat healthy and was trying to get rid of them. In any case, I have until September 22nd to use all the coupons.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » August 22nd, 2019, 9:51 am

Herschie wrote:For some reason there were a bunch of Burger King coupons inside the case with the discs. Maybe the Ebay seller is trying to eat healthy and was trying to get rid of them. In any case, I have until September 22nd to use all the coupons.

Nice, free Whoppers! :D

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » August 22nd, 2019, 10:33 am

Speaking of MGS, I am planning to do a deep dive into the series for my first playthrough via the Legacy Collection on PS3 at some point. I actually have the original PS1 version but I used the code to download it onto the PS3.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 23rd, 2019, 7:03 pm

Keep us posted on MGS. Like I mentioned, I played it a few years ago and thought it held up amazingly well for a game from that era - but I'm interested to hear the perspective of someone not clouded by nostalgia. Just make sure you don't miss those good cutscenes..

Return to “Classic Gaming”