Sega Dreamcast Collection anyone?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » January 12th, 2007, 9:52 pm

id be happy with a home version of planet harriers

Edward M

Postby Edward M » January 12th, 2007, 10:03 pm

Hey, Sega owns Skies of Arcadia also, so you can put that on the main list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overworks

I didn't even know that.  That would more than make up Maken X and D2 being off.  Sword of the Berzerk would be missed though.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » January 13th, 2007, 11:33 am

[QUOTE=Leo Ames]He never claimed they were, go reread his post SSX.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that, must have missed it first time though.  Regardless were pretending sega would actually do this.  Instead of releasing each game alone for 20$ like they have been doing in japan for the last generation.

Edward M

Postby Edward M » January 14th, 2007, 12:13 am

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

[QUOTE=Leo Ames]He never claimed they were, go reread his post SSX.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that, must have missed it first time though.  Regardless were pretending sega would actually do this.  Instead of releasing each game alone for 20$ like they have been doing in japan for the last generation.

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually gonna predict they will do something like this.  Not soon, but maybe in 5-7 years.  After all, that would be about the same timeframe from the death of the Genesis to the gensis collection, about 12 years.  Since the PS3 can store a ton of games on the Blu Ray, and the Genesis collection was so awesome with about 30 games on it, I don't think a Dreamcast collection with 20+ games on it is too much to ask for.

a1

Postby a1 » January 15th, 2007, 11:50 pm

Even given some crazy circumstance (crazy awesome) in which this was made I think Typing of the Dead, House of the Dead 2, and Sega Bass Fisher would have to be taken out. Typing of the Dead needs a keyboard, House of the Dead needs a gun, and I believe the fishing game had a fishing pole controller (not as sure on that one). It would be hard to make a game that required 4 different controllers.

Conn

Postby Conn » January 16th, 2007, 12:26 am

I always played Sega Bass Fishing with the controller. It was still great.

a1

Postby a1 » January 16th, 2007, 12:43 am

[QUOTE=Conn]I always played Sega Bass Fishing with the controller. It was still great.[/QUOTE]

Alright then. Like I said I wasn't sure whether or not that needed a different controller. House of the Dead and Typing of the Dead still wouldn't fit in.

Edward M

Postby Edward M » January 16th, 2007, 2:45 am

[QUOTE=a]

[QUOTE=Conn]I always played Sega Bass Fishing with the controller. It was still great.[/QUOTE]

Alright then. Like I said I wasn't sure whether or not that needed a different controller. House of the Dead and Typing of the Dead still wouldn't fit in.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see any reason why house of the dead 2 can't use a standard lightgun which will almost certain be made for the PS3.  And can't you plug in a standard USB keyboard into the PS3 to make Typing of the dead work?

a1

Postby a1 » January 16th, 2007, 3:50 am

[QUOTE=Edward M] 

I don't see any reason why house of the dead 2 can't use a standard lightgun which will almost certain be made for the PS3.  And can't you plug in a standard USB keyboard into the PS3 to make Typing of the dead work?

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they couldn't work on PS3. I just don't think a developer would make a collection that required people to own and use three different controllers. I'd buy Typing of the Dead standalone if they sold it. That's one of the few Dreamcast games I actually miss, mainly due to the fact that every one of them aside from that is on a current gen console in some form or another.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » January 16th, 2007, 12:51 pm

". That's one of the few Dreamcast games I actually miss, mainly due to the fact that every one of them aside from that is on a current gen console in some form or another"

What are you smoking?

Return to “Classic Gaming”