Homebrew and Imports

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
zetax

Homebrew and Imports

Postby zetax » October 23rd, 2019, 9:32 pm

Guess I'm kind of jaded with current gen offerings, and I'm too cheap to blow major coin on the shmups/fighting games/whatever I SHOULD have picked-up 20 years ago. Where does that leave me? The brave new (old) world of homebrew and Import games! After reading Dave's reviews, went ahead and got Battle Crust and Ghost Blade for the Dreamcast (both quite fun, BTW,) and finally decided to dip my toe in the import pool with the much cheaper Japanese import of Pander Dragoon 2 for the Saturn. Haven't gotten it yet (ebay), or the 4mb memory card (Amazon), but look forward to a whole other set of games to collect. Any import Saturn games you guys would recommend? Dead or Alive, Vampire Savior, and Gale Racer look pretty good for a start, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

ActRaiser

Re: Homebrew and Imports

Postby ActRaiser » October 24th, 2019, 1:43 pm

If the Saturn is your cup of tea, I'd highly recommend a device that lets you play CDRs. You can even order copies online cheaply if you don't want to burn them yourself. That's how I picked up Panzer Dragoon Saga and an English translation of Policenauts.

Return to “Classic Gaming”