Stalvern wrote:I recently found out about Kingdom: The Far Reaches (originally the almost-unreleased Thayer's Quest on Laserdisc). I'm not sure that it looks good, but it seems intriguingly ambitious for an FMV game.
I've been trying to get the Critic to review that game (and its sequel) for ages! My wife and I really enjoyed playing through it on the 3DO.
It's such a nostalgia trip to see that 1980s-style animation. It's a flawed game but a rewarding one while it lasts, and the fact that the sequel actually came out and completed the story is a rare example of a happy ending for that sort of thing.
As for the title question, some of my favorites are:
- Kingdom: The Far Reaches (3DO, also on CD-i) and its sequel (CD-i, though we played it on an old Mac)
- Psychic Detective (3DO, also PS1)
- De Zaak van Sam (CD-i)
- Night Trap (Sega CD & 32X, also 3DO)
- Fahrenheit (Sega CD & 32X)
- Dracula Unleashed, Iron Helix, Panic, Tomcat Alley, Wirehead (all Sega CD)