So... is the Critic gonna review the Spyro games?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
astrodomekid

So... is the Critic gonna review the Spyro games?

Postby astrodomekid » February 21st, 2020, 11:19 pm

I’m sure this isn’t the first time I’ve brought this up, but I can’t help it. I just need to get this off my skin.

I could name more than a few games that I’m always waiting to see reviewed on this site, one of my most anticipated being Glover (N64) which is one of my all-time favorites. But if there’s one franchise that I’d really wish he’d look more into, it’s Spyro the Dragon. Out of all the games, he has only ever reviewed the original and one of the Legend of Spyro titles. This is especially interesting to me because he has reviewed pretty much every Crash Bandicoot game there is, and Crash has often been compared to Spyro and the two have even gotten a few crossovers over the years, including Spyro becoming a playable character in “CTR:Nitro Fueled” and even getting a new costume in the “Gasmoxia Grand Prix” event currently taking place.

I would really like to see the Critic give the franchise a closer look because it truly is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and has given me some of my most treasured childhood memories. Now, I could go on and on about why the series holds such a special place in my heart, but everything I’d need to say is in this Reddit post I made shortly before Reignited was released. I actually wanted to cross-post it on this site when I originally made it, but I didn’t get around to it. Still, it remains one of my proudest posts on the site because I got to express why the series means so much to me. I understand the Critic has a tight schedule and gets a ton of other requests, but I’d be very grateful if he really gave these games a chance.

DrLitch

Re: So... is the Critic gonna review the Spyro games?

Postby DrLitch » February 22nd, 2020, 6:34 pm

I remember Spyro the Dragon on the PS1. Xmas of 1998 I was sick with flu and out of school for 3 weeks. I recollect playing this one and Ocarina of Time during my days off. I have not played Spyro since '98/'99 so my memory is hazy but I recollect it being a fairly decent game. I guess with the fuss zines made of 3D platformers like Crash / Mario / Banjo and Ape Escape could have meant Spyro got overlooked and lost among the plethora of 3D platformers that were floating around at the time. Conversely I think this game was fairly popular since it was remastered/rebooted for Ps4 - so you are definitely not the only one that holds this game in high esteem.

Return to “Classic Gaming”