AVGN: Mortal Kombat reviews

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Stalvern

Re: AVGN: Mortal Kombat reviews

Postby Stalvern » April 10th, 2020, 2:28 am

djc wrote:
goldenband wrote:The Tattoo Assassins segment had me cracking up -- and seeing the AVGN cover Shadow: War of Succession was a treat. That one is a real candidate for the title of "worst officially-released console game I've ever played"

I don't know - that Kangaroo thing he just reviewed for the CD32 or the Town with No Name on the CDTV kind of take the cake for me for worst official titles.

I don't believe that goldenband has played either of those.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » April 10th, 2020, 6:32 am

He is entertaining but I could live without the profanity.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » April 10th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Stalvern wrote:
djc wrote:I don't know - that Kangaroo thing he just reviewed for the CD32 or the Town with No Name on the CDTV kind of take the cake for me for worst official titles.

Accurate observation! I've basically never played anything on any flavor of the Amiga. Almost got one once, but at least I got a nice Apple IIe instead.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » April 10th, 2020, 1:26 pm

goldenband wrote:
Stalvern wrote:
djc wrote:I don't know - that Kangaroo thing he just reviewed for the CD32 or the Town with No Name on the CDTV kind of take the cake for me for worst official titles.

Accurate observation! I've basically never played anything on any flavor of the Amiga. Almost got one once, but at least I got a nice Apple IIe instead.

I really wanted an Amiga CD32 as a kid; the main game that made me want it was featured under the CD32 section of EGM#55 - D/Generation.

Finally got to play D/Generation on the Switch.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » April 11th, 2020, 8:25 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I own all the Nerd's DVDs and while I'm used to watching his stuff on YouTube, I'd love to own his latest on Blu Ray. Do you think he'll release any more discs?

Honestly, I would prefer a VHS release. Probably not gonna happen, but still.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » April 13th, 2020, 8:41 am

good video. I had no idea these games existed, and they do look pretty bad.

Bad Mortal Kombat games could make for a good video. He already did Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero, but there's also Special Forces, and Mortal Kombat advance, which is supposed to a really terrible port of Mortal Kombat 3 on Game Boy Advance.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » April 13th, 2020, 12:22 pm

By the way, the deal with Shadow: War of Succession is allegedly that they had fatalities, but the fatalities kept crashing the game. Rather than fix the problem, the developers just patched them out (i.e. inactivated them) and called it a day. :mrgreen:

Return to “Classic Gaming”