SegaSonic the Hedgehog arcade game

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

SegaSonic the Hedgehog arcade game

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 19th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Ever heard of this one?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/0 ... ur_support

I would hope Sega would release it whether it was any good or not. It's a lost piece of history. And while they're at it, they need to bundle up their best Sega Ages games and release them on a Nintendo Switch cart.

Zack Burner

Re: SegaSonic the Hedgehog arcade game

Postby Zack Burner » April 19th, 2020, 7:47 pm

I did a review on this game, fun but not exactly the most memorable. Has a few share of problems, including too loose gameplay and some characters you don't hear much. Ranks up there with Sonic 3D on Genesis.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » April 19th, 2020, 9:04 pm

If you ever decide to check it out on MAME, make sure you own a trackball controller like it was designed for. The game is virtually unplayable without it.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » April 20th, 2020, 2:09 am

Sega needs to stop acting like Atari.

We know they made more than their most popular console library and their favorite arcade games. Everybody already owns those. And occasionally throwing in a few 5200/SMS/Game Gear games as a bonus doesn't count as changing things up.

Sighs. If it were Nintendo, they'd just slightly overcharge us for everything we want or are morbidly curious about, so long as they aren't the Virtual Boy.

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 20th, 2020, 7:40 am

I think this would be tough to play without a trackball. I don't think an analog stick would be good enough.

Return to “Classic Gaming”