Sega Saturn in 3D

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ThePixelatedGenocide

Re: Sega Saturn in 3D

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » September 6th, 2020, 10:34 pm

jon wrote: But they won’t admit that the Saturn’s actual 3d output was significantly worse than the PS1’s 3d output.

No, we've pretty much established that based on the evidence of released software, there's no way the Saturn is running a late release PSone AAA title without losing the lighting and the shading, or giving up the resolution advantage. It'll also take a slight hit on textures.

And even then, only the best art/coding teams in the world, with possibly years of development time to reconstruct everything for the Saturn's quirks, are going to come up with anything that could compete on store shelves.

This is why I keep comparing the full power of the Saturn, as we currently understand it, to 95-96 releases, instead. (Or Final Fantasy VII.)

But you'd rather argue that the Saturn is a 3DO, instead, because you have no idea what you're talking about.
Last edited by ThePixelatedGenocide on September 6th, 2020, 10:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jon

Postby jon » September 6th, 2020, 10:38 pm

Wow, I guess we’re finally all on the same page if you acknowledge the Saturn’s 3d games weren’t nearly as good as the PS1’s. Now I can finally stop. Good job guys.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 6th, 2020, 10:51 pm

jon wrote:I said I’d stop but they won’t admit the Saturn’s 3d games were significantly worse.

Your issue is that there are a handful of titles on the Saturn that were competitive graphically with both PS1 and N64 as cited in numerous examples here. Then the self centric notion that some people are not allowed to enjoy the Saturn's 3D titles or hold them in high esteem because their opinion invalidates yours. You stick to your guns, afraid of your own infallibility and play the victim card when it goes south. You are playing an odd game trying to bait us into admitting something that bears no outcome.

Admitting the Saturn got kazumped 3D graphics wise by the Playstation is straightforward and objective for one that likes to study the technicals - even with evidence suggesting the Saturn was quite capable of 3D. The PS1 armed with a good dev team was a well armed beast. Saturn and perhaps even the N64 are no match.

Admitting that 3D is the reason why Playstation won that generation. Now my friend I resent your intent behind it. That is a two edged sword - for one - it forces conveying thoughts insofar as consumerism is concerned, secondly, it forces one to make assumptions on data they do not have or have never seen, assumptions that without the conditioning of knowledge would be wild guesswork.

Cool, made 20 pages. This is a good place to end.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » September 6th, 2020, 11:41 pm

jon wrote:Wow, I guess we’re finally all on the same page if you acknowledge the Saturn’s 3d games weren’t nearly as good as the PS1’s. Now I can finally stop. Good job guys.

Congratulations on finally finding an opportunity to declare victory over the strawman you invented.

VicViper

Postby VicViper » September 7th, 2020, 12:40 am

(just came back after a few days)
... What the hell happened to this place?

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 7th, 2020, 12:45 am

VicViper wrote:(just came back after a few days)
... What the hell happened to this place?

Polite banter by those with more time than sense :D

jon

Postby jon » September 7th, 2020, 8:04 am

Do you acknowledge that the Saturn’s 3d library wasn’t nearly as impressive as the PS1’s? Because It’s being implied you acknowledge that but I’ve never seen you acknowledge it.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » September 7th, 2020, 8:18 am

Can we lock this post down yet? I really think it's run its course.

jon

Postby jon » September 7th, 2020, 8:35 am

You guys literally won’t admit I’m right. Do you think it’s not obvious you have a personal vendetta against me? It’s pretty obvious. How about you admit that? You dislike me so much You’re now resorting to personal attacks. Go ahead keep on doing it. You’re the one who claimed 2 times to leave this thread only to be so angry at me you’d come back.

Dr. Litch, you claim you do research before making posts. But why did you claim the NES didn’t start dominating the 3rd generation until Super Mario Bros. 3?

It seems like you didn’t do your research there.

The only reason you won’t admit the Saturn’s 3d library was significantly Worse than the PS1’s is because you don’t like me.

jon

Postby jon » September 7th, 2020, 9:17 am

One more thing. Pixelated hasn’t admitted the Saturn’s 3d output wasn’t On par with the PS1’s in 1995-1996, only that it couldn’t compete with games from around 2000.

I was told that he and Dr. Litch acknowledged the Saturn’s shortcomings. But the truth is they don’t. Pixelated claims it’s 1995-1996 3d output was on par with the PS1’s.

Then there’s the fact it only sold 1.8 million in the United States.

So Pixelated still thinks that in 1995-1996 it was competitive with its 3d games. I was told that he and Dr. Litch admitted the PS1 3d games were far superior. But he won’t admit that.

The fact that he and Dr. Litch deny there’s any correlation between its 3d limitations and it’s puny sales figures in the United States shows that they have no credibility.

Return to “Classic Gaming”