Best website to buy retro games (besides Amazon/eBay)?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

Re: Best website to buy retro games (besides Amazon/eBay)?

Postby ActRaiser » September 25th, 2020, 8:15 am

Retro STrife wrote:Unfortunately, sellers abused the old system and basically forced ebay to do this. Sellers would sell a $20 game for like $5 with $15 shipping, and ebay would only get a cut from the $5. Ebay eventually caught on and changed the system. On Amazon, they force you to use a set price for shipping (i.e., $3.99), so it isn't a factor.

Ahhh! That's why. Okay, that makes perfect sense. As I was reading the terms and conditions it felt like it was a cash grab but that makes perfect sense.

All good tips. Thank you for taking the time to write up your advice. I appreciate it. It kind of feels weird selling my stuff for the first time in 20 years. But, it should be a good way to keep me busy over the winter.

DocHix

Re: Best website to buy retro games (besides Amazon/eBay)?

Postby DocHix » September 25th, 2020, 3:36 pm

I try to find as many games/accessories as I can going the "brick and mortar" route and tend to favor independent game stores over chains. For trade credit, however, there are a couple of websites I use that provide much better deals than any of my local options. These are also websites I buy from when there is something specific I really want to play I just can't find in the wild. I have always been very pleased with the condition of the games I've purchased and there are options for both "loose" or CIB depending on your preferences. Here are my favorites...

Estarland.com (I agree with the other comments in this thread. Good selection for classic systems, good customer service and they do very good repair work/console mods.)
Trade N' Games (St Louis area retail store but with full online support. http://www.tradengames.com/store/pc/home.asp)
Lukiegames.com (The prices are high if you pay cash, but they have given me good value for trades and great customer service)

Return to “Classic Gaming”