What games do you replay the most, without ever getting bored of them?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ThePixelatedGenocide

What games do you replay the most, without ever getting bored of them?

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 31st, 2021, 5:05 pm

Just curious. So many games list completion times as a feature, but...

If I counted up all the time I've spent with my favorite arcade games, they could easily match the time spent on my favorite RPGs.

jon

Re: What games do you replay the most, without ever getting bored of them?

Postby jon » January 31st, 2021, 8:35 pm

For me it’s Tennis for Game Boy. I really think it might be the best tennis game ever. I’ve gotten to the point where I either win in straight sets without even losing a point or sometimes I’ll lose 1 or 2 points like if the computer gets an ace or I lose a rally. Trying to do it without losing a point is exhilarating. I really think it might be better than Virtua Tennis.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 1st, 2021, 8:42 am

For multiplayer action, never tire of Warlords (Atari 2600). For coop, it's probably Streets of Rage 1.

For solo believe it or not I'd say Night Trap. That game takes me back in time, and everytime I play I notice something new.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » February 1st, 2021, 10:02 am

I can return to many of the original 80's coin-ops time and again, and play them for hours and days.

Namco games like Pole Position, Pac-Man, Ms Pac Man, Dig Dug, Galaga. Never really get tired of them. Always trying to get a higher score.

I can always play a few rounds of the Capcom Fighters - Street Fighter 2, SF Alpha series, Marvel VS Capcom 1 or 2, SF 3rd Strike.

Also a lot of SEGA arcade games - Virtua Fighter games, I will never really get tired of them. Sega Rally Championship and Daytona USA. Crazy Taxi. Virtua Racing. Outrun. Super Hang On. I will also be happy replaying these for a few hours.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 1st, 2021, 10:09 am

Can't forget Outrun - fun arcade action on so many platforms. Beautiful scenery and branching stages means you'll almost always seem something new.

DocHix

Postby DocHix » February 1st, 2021, 10:21 am

So many Atari 2600 games are single screen and/or never really "end"...but I have had "Yar's Revenge", 'Indy 500", "Asteroids", and "Warlords" on a continuous loop for forty years. "Mailbox" Football, too, whenever I can find/sucker/pay anyone else to play with me.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 1st, 2021, 10:30 am

That's "trashcan football" Doc, but frankly mailbox football is just as funny!

Voor

Postby Voor » February 2nd, 2021, 9:08 pm

I’ve watched over a hundred super Metroid speedruns and randomizer runs and still don’t get tired of them. The execution is just mesmerizing to me.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » February 3rd, 2021, 2:45 pm

Wow. Good question. Some that do come to mind for me are games like the NES ports of Double Dragon 1 and 2, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, the Atari 7800 port of Ms. Pac-Man and NHL' 96 for the Genesis. Of course, there are many more I could mention here. But I think it'd be best if I limited myself to just a few. otherwise, I'd be writing all day :lol:

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » February 3rd, 2021, 6:20 pm

Now this is a great topic! Final Fantasy VII, Contra III, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past, Alien vs Predator (Jaguar), Sly series, Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Mario World, Ms. Pac-man, Pokemon Red, Pro Wrestling (NES), Golden Axe III, Starfox, X-men (arcade), and House of the Dead 2 (arcade). How's that for a versatile list of games I never tire of?

Return to “Classic Gaming”