What's the worst game you own?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ThePixelatedGenocide

What's the worst game you own?

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » March 8th, 2021, 8:18 pm

And why do you own it?

Breaker

Re: What's the worst game you own?

Postby Breaker » March 8th, 2021, 10:21 pm

I think it might be Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine on the N64.

I so desperately wanted this game to be great. And the rarity of owning it due to it being a Blockbuster exclusive really made me want it even more. The controls, however, are awful. And it's buggy. I haven't touched it in many years, but I recall that the reason I finally stopped playing was because I was literally stuck - as in, the game had essentially crapped out and Indy was stuck somewhere that was uncorrectable. I had put a lot of time in at that point, and couldn't stomach having to start over. At least, that's what I remember. I should probably pop it in and see how inaccurate my memory is.

Why do I own it? Simply because I've never sold a game I bought or was given, unless it was a duplicate. I probably qualify as a horder, in some circles... though in this crowd, I'm probably pretty "normal."

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » March 9th, 2021, 12:06 am

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:And why do you own it?

Joe Montana Football on the Sega CD..i can't believe Sega put this garbage on the market...its so bad its unplayable

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 16th, 2021, 11:29 pm

Doom eternal!! wow this game is tedious. I bought it thinking it might be good but it was not. t looks amazing, then you play it. It is a cross between three things, a shooter where you are always running out of bullets, a rhythm action game and tomb raider. Jack of all trades, master of none. It is the very first doom release I have given up on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkklG9MA0vM&ab_channel=BethesdaSoftworks

Actually it is just mediocre. The worst game has to be Sonic on the xbox 360. The 360 got a sonic game but it was in 3d. The took all of the fun out of the game. Even worse that that lots of the 3 d scenes were Sonny is running at full pelt.. well the are fmv. It plays like it is dead. Maybe the worst 360 game ever. It is up there with truth of lies... for a game that should never have been released.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-y4_21aso&ab_channel=joshua593210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEI4rkeAHo0&ab_channel=wiiviewr
Last edited by BlasteroidAli on March 17th, 2021, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

strat

Postby strat » March 17th, 2021, 12:09 am

Coincidentally, X-Men on NES (just reviewed today).

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » March 17th, 2021, 2:09 am

Well, I don't own it anymore, but the first game that I bought and went "wow, this genuinely sucks" was Musashi Samurai Legend, the sequel to Brave Fencer Musashi no one talks about. Sluggish gameplay despite its more upbeat atmosphere and level/game design that just makes zero sense. I bought it on PS2 at a Rite-Aid NEW in probably 2013, AT LEAST EIGHT YEARS AFTER THE GAME WAS RELEASED!! Picked it up thinking it was gonna be something like Kingdom Hearts with a dash of Mega Man (I mean, copying enemies for new moves is always cool concept.) after seeing Square Enix on the box, but I was way off. At least the game got me interested in checking out the first game, which should be better.

If that doesn't count, I'll just go with a copout and say Sonic 06 and that I wanted to see how bad it is.

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » March 17th, 2021, 9:35 am

Might not be the worst game I own, but Pac-Man for the 2600 was the first game that completely disappointed me. I talked my parents into buying it right after it came out and remember being angry when I plugged it in and was treated to a screen full of suck.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 17th, 2021, 10:07 am

HawgWyld wrote:Might not be the worst game I own, but Pac-Man for the 2600 was the first game that completely disappointed me. I talked my parents into buying it right after it came out and remember being angry when I plugged it in and was treated to a screen full of suck.

I seem to remember actually liking pacman in 2600. I know sacrilege.

So you did not get Mousetrap. Played it on my pals coleco. Wow. So I had to get it on the 2600. I was like .. errr Though the critic likes it.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » March 17th, 2021, 11:25 am

I own a CD-i, Zelda's Adventure is pretty terrible (worse than those games with terrible cutscenes imo) - it's probably also the most expensive game in my collection! - Another game that's awful is the Nintendo DS port of "Max and the Magic Marker"; I only bought it because it was less than a dollar...

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » March 17th, 2021, 11:36 am

Pac-Man 2 which I got from someone years ago. I couldn't figure out how to play the accursed game, the F the Critic gave it was most appropriate. Doesn't even fit in the Pac-Man universe!

Return to “Classic Gaming”