Neo Geo Mini Pro Player

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
txsizzler

Neo Geo Mini Pro Player

Postby txsizzler » April 26th, 2021, 9:23 pm

Any of you heard of this system? It appears that it is an official product release, and not some Chinese rip-off thing.

Description
NEOGEO mini Pro Player Pack video gaming system with two mini PAD controllers and HDMI cable - US version - allowing you to play on built-in screen, or output to the big screen TV and use the external PAD controllers for enhanced play. Comes equipped with built-in stereo speakers and an earphone jack.

Features & details
NEOGEO mini Pro Player Pack includes 40 masterpieces from all the classic games on NEOGEO platform, including the 'King of Fighters', 'Fatal Fury', 'Metal Slug', 'Samurai Showdown' and much more!
NEOGEO mini Pro Player Pack contains the mini console with its own built-in 3.5" LCD screen, joystick and controls, and two PAD controllers with an HDMI cable to play with friends on the big screen TV.
NEOGEO mini's arcade design brings back precious memories from the famous NEOGEO arcade machines.
NEOGEO mini is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and plugs into a USB power supply so you can play anywhere.
NEOGEO mini has a built-in instant save/load function so you can save the progress of any game to play at another time.

Anyhow, these normally run $140, Amazon has it for $100 right now:

Neogeo Mini Pro Player Pack USA Version - Includes 2 Game Pads (1 Black & 1 White) and HDMI Cable - Neo Geo Pocket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L81PJKS/re ... DVVQY0W0P3

.. and Woot has them on special for $70 right now:

Neogeo Mini Pro Player Pack USA Version - $69.99 - Free shipping for Prime members https://electronics.woot.com/offers/gam ... source=app

Anyhow, I am in for one. Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

zetax

Re: Neo Geo Mini Pro Player

Postby zetax » May 1st, 2021, 8:24 pm

I've got the black and blue "international version" (I believe that's what it's called.) Screen is nice and sharp, sound is fine, buttons are okay, stick is sort of meh... Would have benefited from the NGPC's clicky little stick, this one feels more like an analog stick. Same for the d-pad on the extra controller. Also, HDMI-output has a slightly soft look, which is exacerbated on a big screen. But for the price, it has a nice assortment of SNK games, and looks cool on my desk :D

Return to “Classic Gaming”