Game Shop Finds

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Game Shop Finds

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 19th, 2021, 8:13 am

Went to my local game store (Play Raven) with my friend Brent the other day. As usual, I never find what I'm looking for (in this case PS2 controllers) but I end up walking out with stuff I didn't know I wanted:

Spider-Man Friend or Foe (Wii) - I'm in the process of putting together a Spider-Man special
Dracula (Game Gear, loose) - saving this for Halloween
Wayne Gretzky Hockey (Genesis, complete) - saving this for winter
Mortal Kombat II (Saturn, complete) - spent more for this. Didn't even know MK2 for Saturn was a thing.

Matchstick

Re: Game Shop Finds

Postby Matchstick » June 25th, 2021, 6:30 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Mortal Kombat II (Saturn, complete) - spent more for this. Didn't even know MK2 for Saturn was a thing.

Indeed it was. If memory serves, it actually came out *after* the Playstation version of MK3! I believe Sony had a sort of next-gen console-exclusive deal for MK3, and Sega countered with a 32-bit version of MK2. This only applied to the base MK3 game - in return, Sega was allowed to have Ultimate MK3 on the Saturn. Both consoles ended up with MK Trilogy, eventually. I believe those three MK games were the only ones released for the Saturn.

I hope it didn't set you back too much! Not saying it's a bad game, or anything, but man, the prices on Saturn games have just gone through the roof, especially for complete copies in an undamaged case.

Return to “Classic Gaming”