Genesis Vs Megadrive

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

Re: Genesis Vs Megadrive

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 16th, 2021, 3:48 pm

I am lucky. I loved both titles. Genesis was classy. Megadrive was just so in your face 90s hip talk.

_craker_

Postby _craker_ » October 24th, 2021, 4:33 pm

UK here. Genesis sounds cool. The first game I saw on my mate's MD in 1991 was Populous, that was a real wow moment for me; the name Genesis suits this huge leap in gameplay. (My previous home gaming experience was the Spectrum..)

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » October 24th, 2021, 4:43 pm

_craker_ wrote:UK here. Genesis sounds cool. The first game I saw on my mate's MD in 1991 was Populous, that was a real wow moment for me; the name Genesis suits this huge leap in gameplay. (My previous home gaming experience was the Spectrum..)

Just a wee jump in your experience. 8-)

I started with a Game Boy around 1990, and eventually got an SNES around 96-97 Christmas. Sad that you don't often get that kind of WOW factor in technology leaps anymore

Breaker

Postby Breaker » October 24th, 2021, 7:41 pm

MSR1701 wrote:
_craker_ wrote:UK here. Genesis sounds cool. The first game I saw on my mate's MD in 1991 was Populous, that was a real wow moment for me; the name Genesis suits this huge leap in gameplay. (My previous home gaming experience was the Spectrum..)

Just a wee jump in your experience. 8-)

I started with a Game Boy around 1990, and eventually got an SNES around 96-97 Christmas. Sad that you don't often get that kind of WOW factor in technology leaps anymore

As far as consoles I owned, I went from a 2600 to a Genesis. That was mind-blowing! I had a small bit of exposure to the NES, but not a whole lot. It made the Genny so great - its still my favorite console.

Regarding the topic, I had never heard "Mega Drive" until I got into collecting about 10-12 years ago. I honestly thought it was a separate console of some sort, between the Master System and the Genesis. I think Genesis is a far superior name. Probably due to familiarity and nostalgia, but those are valid reasons, too.

Return to “Classic Gaming”