Favorite NFL/NCAA/Arena Football Games

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Robotrek

Re: Favorite NFL/NCAA/Arena Football Games

Postby Robotrek » October 31st, 2021, 3:10 am

Played some of it again over the weekend. It's quite good. A lot of fun and very addictive. I felt 7 all over again.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » October 31st, 2021, 2:49 pm

anybody ever get into those electric football games that vibrate? i had a couple of those as a kid..those are fun for a little while

my favorite football game when i was a kid was Talking Monday Night Football..it came with the plays on these little plastic records and for each play you put the record into the player and an announcer gives you the play by play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1T1u3tBRkg

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » October 31st, 2021, 3:07 pm

I'm hearing of a new arcade/retro style football game that is out on Steam, and supposed to hit Switch n other current systems soon - Legend Bowl. Anyone hear tried it?

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » October 31st, 2021, 4:42 pm

Mattel Football. Time for a geezer flashback…Christmas 1977, I’m in 4th grade, and we’re poor. I have a single mom, older sister, disabled older brother, and we’re just getting by. Lo and behold I get Mattel Football as a gift, and yeah I cried. I played that thing for a year straight. I hadn’t played it for 40 years until recently, and yep, the muscle memory is still there and I can still score TD’s. And God bless my mom for putting up with the noise because Mattel Football has the most annoying sound effects ever invented (unless you’re playing, then it’s awesome).

DialSforSam

Postby DialSforSam » October 31st, 2021, 9:38 pm

Tecmo Super Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl 3 for the SNES.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » November 6th, 2021, 10:12 pm

ASalvaro wrote:anybody ever get into those electric football games that vibrate? i had a couple of those as a kid..those are fun for a little while

I had a friend who had one of those. Whatever made it vibrate was gone or broken so we used to have to tap the field to vibrate it to get them to move. Other than a novelty item we really had no clue what the rules of the game were (everyone would just go in circles).

As a kid I really enjoyed a handheld Tiger version of John Elway football which shocks me in retrospect since I hated John Elway after The Drive and The Fumble.

djc

Postby djc » November 7th, 2021, 1:13 am

In high school ('92-'96) my friends would all come over my house and we would have video game football tournaments. Not in Madden as you might expect but rather in M-Network Football on the 2600. This game was an absolute blast to play with two players and the way you could run off one end of the screen and appear on the other side to make a touchdown-saving tackle brought nothing but happiness to my friends.

That aside, for me - favorite football games were (in no particular order);
1. Madden 16-bit series (grouping them all in here but I was really partial to Madden '92 Genesis and Madden Duo (Turbo Duo)
2. Madden 3DO
3. NFL2K series on the Dreamcast
4. NFL2K5 XBox

--

For non-NFL, my favorite by far is Super High Impact (Arcade). The Genesis port was pretty good also but the arcade was a blast to play.

Return to “Classic Gaming”