Stuck in Snatcher (Sega CD)

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
CaptainCruch

Stuck in Snatcher (Sega CD)

Postby CaptainCruch » December 22nd, 2021, 2:45 pm

So, I finally have a working Sega CD. Along with it I bought a reproduction of Snatcher. (I couldn't afford the real deal). Anyway, now I'm stuck in the game, I wonder if anyone can help? I'm in the part in "Queen's Hospital" in which you enter door 3, which is a dark room. Then I use the Metal Gear to turn a flashlight on. However, now I can only scroll the flashlight with d-pad and I cannot select any commands anymore! Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something here? Or could it be a bug in the reproduction CD?

BTW Really enjoyed the game so far. Nowadays it probably isn't "woke" anymore, since the game hints on sexual attitude towards a minor! (Katrina)

matmico399

Re: Stuck in Snatcher (Sega CD)

Postby matmico399 » December 22nd, 2021, 8:40 pm

My second favorite game of all time. You can't get any more commands until you spot what you need to see in that room. There are many objects to look at with his light. Find the picture and examine it. Hit the button where metal gear focuses in on it. If I remember correctly this will let you move on. I'm pretty sure that's what to do.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » December 23rd, 2021, 11:27 am

matmico399 wrote:My second favorite game of all time. You can't get any more commands until you spot what you need to see in that room. There are many objects to look at with his light. Find the picture and examine it. Hit the button where metal gear focuses in on it. If I remember correctly this will let you move on. I'm pretty sure that's what to do.

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, I'm still stuck. The cursor keeps moving the flashlight and I cannot get back to the text menu. If anyone knows a solution or can tell me I'm just an idiot, please do.

JohanOberg

Postby JohanOberg » December 25th, 2021, 2:09 pm

I pulled this from GameFAQs:

MOVE > GO INSIDE
• MOVE > DOOR 3
• USE METAL GEAR > TURN ON LIGHT
• LOOK at the floor rails, then the desk vase
• INVESTIGATE the vase
• PEEP
• INVESTIGATE the STAIRWAY and MOTION DETECTOR

I assume "LOOK at" means with the cursor and not the commands.
I have played this game once myself, on Playstation, but it was a while ago so I can't really help you other than copy that from the walkthrough (which is https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/segacd/56 ... faqs/61949 by the way)

Return to “Classic Gaming”