Neo Geo

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
jon

Neo Geo

Postby jon » May 12th, 2022, 11:40 am

Ok, well if you want me to start a thread about the Neo Geo there'll be between a 99.9% chance and 100% chance I'll do it. Now about those flash carts. I will admit that some games look legit. I loaded up KOF 99 on the flash cart. But I'm still unsure if these SD and SD Pros are getting the games from Mame, I just don't know if they're the same quality. I do know that Terra Onion, the company that made them, hasn't had a new run of them in ages, presumably because of chip shortages. Who knows. I do stand by my assertion the Viewpoint AES looked better than on the SD. Maybe my negativity is because the menu looks like garbage and toggling through the games doesn't look great either. And of course, Ghost Pilots is all messed up you can't even control the plane, it just goes to the left. Not that living without Ghost Pilots is a nightmare. But still, it's not what the doctor ordered.

ActRaiser

Re: Neo Geo

Postby ActRaiser » May 12th, 2022, 3:08 pm

Sounds like a bad ROM. You should be able to find a good one and swap it out. Careful though as the sites that host ROMs tend to be a great vector for viruses.

jon

Postby jon » May 16th, 2022, 5:30 pm

Ok after talking to someone, I realize I was wrong. Not a bad spot to be wrong bc it means my Neo SD is arcade perfect. And yes I compared a couple of my MVS games on my CMVS to the same games on my SD on my AES and they look the same.

I guess it was the Retro Pie or Rasberry Pie that's not as good. Then that answers a question as far as how to collect the Neo Geo. Get an AES or CMVS and an SD or SD Pro and maybe get a few real games. But, I was right about one thing. You do need an actual Neo Geo.

jon

Postby jon » July 15th, 2022, 6:13 pm

Just got a Sengoku 3 MVS. I'm so excited. I have a feeling it's worth the money.

Return to “Classic Gaming”